Thursday, April 16, 2020

Home Decor with Altenew Supplies...

Hi! I am back today with another set of tray and coasters with my Altenew supplies. I used a pinewood base for my tray and the coasters are made of laser-cut MDF. I have already shared a detailed post on the whole process here. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. 

This whole thing was very much an experiment for me. So I learned as I went along. And I am happy with the results.


I took a tray base and stamped the images from the Beautiful Day, Peony Bouquet and Japanese Mum stamp sets with Versafine Black ink. After that dried, I stamped the colored layers with Altenew Crisp dye inks. Here is a look at the process.


After the stamping was done, I inked the sides with brown ink. Here is the completed panel.


A closeup of the stamping.


And the finished tray.


For the coasters, I painted the oval coasters with two layers of chalk paint. I stamped the outlines with Versafine black ink. After the ink was completely dry, I masked the images with two layers of masking fluid.


I inked the coasters with distress oxide inks. Once dry, I removed the masking and stamped the colors with Altenew Crisp dye inks. 

I used different sets of mini ink cubes for the flowers.


The coasters above and below were both stamped with Red Cosmos mini dye ink set.


Pocketful of Sunshine and Golden sunset.


Cool Summer Night.


Here are all the completed coasters.


And another look at the tray and coasters.


I hoped my project has given you more ideas on how to stretch your Altenew supplies and use them for mediums other than paper. Looking forward to hearing from you.

I am entering this project in the following challenges.

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Knock On Wood:




Love,
Nandini

No comments:

Post a Comment