Sunday, April 5, 2020

Art Journal #2...

Hi! I am back today with another art journal page. This one is also inspired by Vicky Papaioannou of Clips-n-cuts


I started with a panel of red sunboard that was leftover from a stage prop that my husband created for the TedX event in Panjim. I covered it with the one-step crackle medium by Little Birdie. I used a mix of chalk and pouring paints by Little Birdie for the top layer.


While the paint was drying, I stamped the outline image of the Japanese Mum stamp set by Altenew on different papers with Versamark. I heat embossed the images with copper and gold metallic embossing powders by Ranger. I also cut each one using the coordinating die and inked each flower with pink, purple and red dye inks. I also die-cut the leaves from a bunch of green papers. All the papers I have used on this page came from packs of textured paper that are sold at the Itsy Bitsy stores. I find these assorted paper packs very, very handy for card making.

I cut some corrugated paper and adhered it to the bottom of the panel. I also cut some pink and gold paper and created a vase and added it over the corrugated paper. Both were distressed with brown dye ink. Then I arranged the flowers and leaves over the vase, using foam tape to pop some. 


For the sentiment, I die-cut the word BLOOM several times from green cardstock and layered the letters. The companion sentiment is from the Carnation stamp set by Mudra Craft Stamps. After stamping in black, I lightly inked the edges with green dye ink.


Here is another look at the completed project.


I had fun making this page. I might just frame it and turn it into a home decor piece instead of putting it in my journal.

Entering this in the following challenges:

Love To Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB #45 - Anything Goes:

Love To Scrap Challenge Blog - LTSCB #132 - For The Girls:

Color Throwdown #587:








Love,
Nandini






2 comments:

  1. Great mix of elements and textures! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty colorful page! Thanks so much for playing with us at Love to Craft Challenge Blog! XXO, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete