Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Addicted To Stamps And More Challenge #386...

Hi! The new challenge is up at the Addicted To Stamps And More Challenge blog. The theme this week is the most popular and the easiest.


My inspiration today is a bit different. If you follow my blog or my Instagram/Facebook page, you must have seen the different home decor projects I have been sharing. Some time back I tried my hand at stamping on wood. And it worked out beautifully! You can find those posts here, here and here.

Today I have a set of coasters for you, using stamping as well as some mixed media supplies.


I prepped the coasters by applying two coats of chalk paint. Once the paint was dry, I stamped the flowers and leaves from the Peony Bouquet, Beautiful Day and Japanese Mum stamp sets with Versafine Black ink. I used the Altenew Crisp dye inks for the colored layers.

I allowed the inks to dry completely and used the 2 Step Crackle Medium by Little Birdie on top of the coaster. Once both the coats were dry, I rubbed some Little Birdie Metallic Wax in rich gold to bring out the cracks. Here are some close-ups and individual pics of the coasters.

Japanese Mum stamp set with Red Sunset mini ink cube set.


You can see the lovely crackle effect over the stamping. 


The Beautiful Day stamp set and Pocketful of Sunshine mini ink cube set.


The subtle shading of the flowers is seen even through the crackle medium.


I used only the leaf from the Beautiful Day stamp set and a mix of green mini ink cubes.


Peony Bouquet stamp set and Cool Summer Night mini ink cube set.


I hope you are inspired by my project to create something beautiful. Please do go to the Addicted To Stamps And More Challenge blog for lots of amazing inspiration. You can also link your creations there. 

Entering this card in the following challenges:


Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Knock On Wood:





Love,
Nandini

5 comments:

  1. These are fantastic, Nandini! The stamped images go amazingly well the light background pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous, Nandini ! Love how your coasters turned out. I also made some coasters some time ago but I did not put anything on top of my stamping because I don't know if it would support heat (hot mug of tea or coffee). What about the Crackle medium ? I'm totally in love of the retro look your coasters have. Stay safe at home !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. You need to coat the coaster with varnish to protect it from water and heat. I got a matte finish done from a workshop since I had to give the tray for framing as well. But you can easily do it at home.

      Delete
  3. Wow, Nandini, what an awesome project! Your coasters looks so arty and professional and I love the crackle finish.
    Hope you are keeping well.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nandini these are simply beautiful. I am loving that crackle and your choice of images and how you coloured them are stunning.

    ReplyDelete