Thursday, April 2, 2020

Art Journal #1...

Hi! The major advantage of the lockdown is the amount of time at hand to try new things. I have always wanted to try my hand at art journaling. Inspired by the great videos made by Shari Carroll and Vicky Papaioannou I decided to take the plunge.



I used the MFT Geometric Grid background stamp to heat emboss on a piece of watercolor paper. I used white embossing powder.  I wet the paper and added some watercolors in shades of blue, yellow, pink and green. Since I wanted a very diffused background, I used lots of water. Once the paper was completely dry I used the Tiger Lily stencil by Craftreat and Warm Grey mini ink cubes by Altenew to create the blooms in the background. I also added a hint of pink to the center of the flowers.



I am in love with these stencils. They are so easy to use! Here is a look at the three flowers that I inked.



I inked the edges of the panel with some brown distress oxide ink. The words are from the Floral Art stamp set by Altenew. I stamped them with black ink. I used distress oxide inks to ink the sentiment panels and used foam tape to pop them up on the panel.



I took some pattern paper and inked it with pink, purple and blue distress oxide inks. I die-cut the inked pattern paper and some translucent paper with the Isabella Butterfly die by Memory Box and added them to the page. To finish, I added tiny white half pearls to the butterflies.

Here is another look at the completed layout.



I am very happy with the way this page turned out. I have adhered it to a sheet of black paper. My plan is to add more pages to this journal.
I hope you are also getting a chance to try new things. I would love to hear more about how you are spending this time.

I am entering this page in the following challenges.

Color Throwdown #587:


The Studio Challenges:
5 - Butterflies, 4 - Colors, 3 - Flowers, 2 - Alphas, 1 - Stencil







Love,
Nandini













2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous technique! Love the look of the subtle grid with the soft stenciled images. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Love all the layers. Thanks for joining us at The Studio Challenges.

    ReplyDelete