Thursday, April 9, 2020

Happy Little Stampers April Challenge...


Hi! The current challenge at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies is up. We have a new challenge each month. You can link any projects that include a die-cut. I have a scrapbook layout for you today.




The photos feature my daughter and her best friend. They were at an inter-school competition when these pics were snapped. To start, I edited the photos and got them printed at my stationery store. The background is based on an art journal page by Shari Carroll for Simon Says Stamp. You can check out her detailed video here

I started with a piece of thick watercolor paper. I used a mix of chalk paints and pouring paints by Little Birdie to create the paint streaks and added some paint splatters with black and gold paint. While the paint was drying, I trimmed the photos into squares and rounded the corners. I also added white and black mats.


The mandala die-cuts were made using the Floral Doily die by Dress My Craft, an Indian brand. I was very impressed by the quality of the die. It cut through the paper like butter in the first pass! 


The sentiment is from the Critter Party stamp set by Mudra Craft Stamps. I die cut the letters BFF out of gold glitter foam and black paper and layered both on a panel of ivory paper.


I put all the layers together and added some gold sequins as a finishing touch. Finally, I rounded the corners and adhered the panel to a larger piece of black paper.


I hope my layout inspires you to create something beautiful. You can visit the  Happy Little Stampers challenge blog for more inspiration and link your creations. I look forward to visiting you in our gallery.

Love,
Nandini

1 comment:

  1. This is AWESOME!! I love how you used the paints to make that amazing background. GORGEOUS page!!

    ReplyDelete