Monday, February 17, 2020

In Memory of Bill Blog Hop...


Hi. Today I am here as part of the blog hop to support Sue Trembeth during a difficult time. Sue is a beloved member of the design team at The Rainbow Card Challenge BlogHer elder brother Bill passed away from esophageal cancer some time back. Losing a loved member of our family is always tough. My thoughts and prayers are with Sue and her family during this difficult time. 

The theme is periwinkle, the color of esophageal cancer awareness. Here is my card.


I started with a panel of watercolor paper on which I stamped the flowers from the Lil Inkers Inky Flowers stamp set with Versamark ink. I heat embossed the flowers with white embossing powder. After the heat embossing was done, I used distress inks in shades of blue and violet for ink smooshing. I allowed the panel to dry and then added some more ink to the flowers with a brush to make them pop a bit more. Here is a closer look at the left side of the panel



And the right side


I kept the rest of the card very simple. After trimming the panel, I mounted it over a black mat on a grey card base. The sentiment is from the Forest Friends stamp set by Pinkfresh Studio. I heat embossed it in white on a scrap of black paper.



Here is another look at the completed card.



Your next stop is the awesome Mary Ellen DriggsYou can also start at the beginning. Here is a list of all the stops of the blog hop.

Mynn Kitchen
Rocky Crafter
Em Fairley
Nandini Karmarkar - That's me!
Mary Ellen Driggs
LeAnn Skinner
Lee Ann Barrett
Gietje Boja-Ligthart
Ewa Pas
Jacqueline Mantle
The Rainbow Card Challenge Blog

Love,
Nandini

7 comments:

  1. Nandini, this is beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Em xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous, Nandini! I adore the frame you created! Thank you so much for helping support others today! You are fabulous! Hugs! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nandini- periwinkle is great color, a color of hope and serenity. Thank you for the kind words and wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card....wonderful techniques. My heart goes out to everyone that has lost a loved one. Hugs....Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, I love the colour choice too, looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Distress inks are awesome. I'm sorry about your loved one.

    ReplyDelete