Sunday, March 1, 2020

Rainbow Card Challenge - Especially Emerald...

Hi! I am here today with the March challenge at the Rainbow Card Challenge. Every month we have a monochromatic or rainbow-colored photo inspiration. Here is this month's pic.



Green is one of my favorite colors and I was very inspired by the beautiful graphic. I decided to use one of my favorite techniques - emboss resist.


I took a piece of watercolor paper and stamped the beautiful Bundles of Blossoms background stamp by My Favorite Things with Versamark ink. I heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Then I used various shades of green and yellow watercolors by Camlin to get an ombre look. Here is a close-up.


Since the background looks so striking, I decided to keep the rest of the card very simple. I die-cut the letters 'H' and 'I' several times and layered them to create a large sentiment. I added a smaller sentiment by heat embossing on a scrap of black paper.


To finish, I trimmed the panel and a black mat and adhered both to a kraft card base. Here is another look at the completed card.


I am very happy with the look of this card! I hope you find it inspiring and look forward to your creations in our gallery. Please do visit the  Rainbow Card Challenge for more inspiration and to link your cards to the gallery.  

Entering this card in the following challenge.
Love,
Nandini

4 comments: