Sunday, December 1, 2019

Rainbow Card Challenge - Regal Rainbow...

Hi! I can't believe it is already December. The year seems to have flown past really quickly! I am here today with the final challenge for 2019 at the Rainbow Card Challenge. Here is the inspiration pic.




Rainbows always bring a smile to our faces! There are so many different ways of interpreting this challenge, I am really looking forward to checking out our gallery.

For my inspiration, I went with simple watercoloring combined with die-cutting.


I started with a piece of watercolor card and used the Kokoyu Camlin Artist Watercolors to make a simple rainbow background. Once the paper was dry, I die-cut it using the Banana Leaf Card Front die by Spellbinders. I adhered the die-cut to a dark brown card base. 

I die-cut the frame out of the same paper and covered it with Versamark. I used Ranger's Metallic Copper embossing powder for the heat embossing. The sentiment was die cut with the Tag Talk dies by My Favorite Things. To make the sentiment pop more, I inlaid the background under the tag. Here is a closer look at the sentiment.


I popped up the frame and the sentiment with foam tape and adhered it to the card. To finish, I added some clear jewels from my stash. Here is another look at the completed card.


I am very pleased with this card. I hope you find it inspiring and look forward to your creations in our gallery. Please do visit the  Rainbow Card Challenge for more inspiration and to link your cards to the gallery.

Entering this card in the following challenges.


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes:



Love,

Nandini

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful way to use the theme rainbow, I also love that negative space sentiment, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Nandini. Good idea to inlay the pieces behind the sentiment. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete