Saturday, December 28, 2019

Floral Layout with Altenew...

Hi! I am back with another layout I made using some of my favorite Altenew products. I was, of course, inspired by the A Year In Review Sketch Challenge 2019 on the Altenew Scrapbook Blog.



This time I went with the Sketch Challenge #15.





I used both the sketch and the colors as inspiration. Kindly excuse the poor quality of photographs as I am traveling and ended up editing to photos on my phone.

I started with a piece of Ivory cardstock and created the rainbow with different sets of Altenew inks. I used all for shades in each stripe.


Here are the completed stripes.


Next I matted the photo with shades of blue paper and added the date and place.


At this stage I felt today the layout looked a bit 'empty'. So I added some splatters with gold acrylic paint, to tie in with the hold embossing. To create the floral arrangement, I stamped the outline images of the flower from the Peony Bouquet stamp set and the leaf from the Beautiful Day stamp set. I heat embossed the images with Rich Gold embossing powder by Wow! and die-cut them with the coordinating dies.

After arranging the die-cuts in a pleasing way, I adhered them with glue as well as foam tape.


Here is the final layout again.


Entering this in the following challenges, along with the A Year In Review Sketch Challenge 2019.


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful lay-out. Great idea to do colourfull stripes below. Beautiful effect.
    Thank you for joining at stamping sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such effective use of colour and stamping, many thanks for sharing and joining our current theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely project with ‘Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog’; it fits perfectly with our ‘Anything but a card’ challenge theme. Hope you can join us for our next challenge. Diane Louise (Team Leader) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful layout! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete