Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Pretty in Pink n' Green...

Hi. The card today is totally inspired by the May 2019 Inspiration Challenge by Altenew. 


I love the green, pink and grey combo. Here is my card.


I started with the banner in the background. The technique was inspired by a watercolor card by Kristina Werner. You can find the original post and video here. I just adapted it for the Altenew Artist Markers and used light shades of grey and green. Once the coloring was done, I cut it with the Fishtail Banners die by Itsy Bitsy. I also cut a larger mat out of grey card stock. Here is a look at the banner.


I inked the card base with Hickory Smoke distress ink and added some grey and black splatters. I adhered the mat to the card base and added the background popped up on foam tape.

The flowers and leaves were stamped and die cut using the Japanese Mums Build-a-flower set by Altenew. I used a mix of Altenew, Memento and Mai inks. I arranged them over the banner and then adhered them using glue and foam tape. Here is a closer look at the arrangement.


The sentiment is from the Sweetest Peas stamp set by Altenew. I just love the fonts used in this set. I heat embossed it on a strip of black paper with Vanilla White embossing powder by Wow!. Here is a closer look.


Here is another look at the completed card.


I just love this card! The Japanese Mums set is one of my favorite BAF sets and I had fun trying different color combinations. I have a bunch of flowers ready to go and I am looking forward to converting them into cards.

Entering this card in the following challenges:

Altenew A Year In Review Challenge 2019:
This card was inspired by the challenge for May 2019.


Yes, Virginia... December Show & Share:


The Flower Challenge #39 - Use A Die:


Love,
Nandini

3 comments:

  1. Love the layering and details, Nandini! Beautifully done! So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL! Very happy to see your lovely work! Thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Nandini, those flowers are stunning. Perfect design and lots of die cuts so just perfect for our challenge this month.
    Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Your mums are stunning, love the colors and the background you created. TFS

    ReplyDelete