Saturday, January 5, 2019

Playing With Plaid...

Hi! I was cleaning up my stash and came across a half finished plaid card base. I think I had started it when I got my first set of Altenew inks. Since I wanted to enter the challenge at Pixies's Snippets, this worked perfectly! Here is the card I created.


I just added the stitching lines with an old Itsy Bitsy stamp set. The sentiment is part of the Graphic Greetings series by Taylored Expressions and is called Birthday. I stamped it with Versamark ink and heat embossed with silver embossing powder. I blended some pink colour around the edges to make it stand out. To finish I cut a mat out of some translucent cream paper and popped up the sentiment on foam tape. I also added four half pearls from my stash at the corners.

Love the way this card turned out. Entering it in the following challenges:

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge 342:
The challenge that started it all! I have been following Di's big giveaway posts fairly regularly and wanted to add my snippets card to the gallery.

Watercooler Wednesday WWC202:


Cute Card Thursday Challenge 563 - Anything Goes:

Incy Wincy Designs - Celebrate 10 Years:

Love,
Nandini




3 comments:

  1. Nandina, I love your card!!!! What a serendipitous find when you came across your plaid background, since it goes so well with your design!!! Love the birthday sentiment, and how you silver embossed it to make it pop. Great job! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us here at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love it when you find a scrap piece that fits a challenge perfectly? Great card Nandina. Thanks for joining in the fun at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Nandini! Everything just goes together so perfectly, love it!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete