Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Altenew Academy Project #25...

Hi! Finally, I am almost at the end of the Altenew Educator Certification Program! My last assignment is for A Touch of Texture class by Svitlana Shayevich. This is a mini class with four lessons that give various techniques for adding texture to cards. I concentrated on the lesson on dry embossing.


I die-cut several pieces of thick paper with the Altenew Dodec Star die set and glued them together. I also trimmed part of the pattern off one set to get a different piece. I placed them on a piece of watercolour paper over an embossing mat and ran the whole thing through my Big Shot a few times. The result is a beautiful, embossed piece of paper. The best thing is, you can use either side, depending on the look you want.

I placed a single die cut over the embossing and applied some distress inks with a stencil brush. This gave a soft colour to the raised areas while leaving the debossed area white. Here is a closer look at the coloured panel.


The shape at the bottom left is the die cut I trimmed off. 

To finish, I trimmed the panel and mounted it to a teal card base with some foam tape. The sentiment is from the Fresh Freesia stamp set. I stamped it with Versamark and heat embossed with Vanilla White EP. I trimmed the sentiment panel and popped it up with foam tape.

Here is another look at the finished card.


I hope you like my card and will give this great technique a try.

I am so happy that this is my last class needed for the Altenew Educator Certification Program Level 3. This has been one of the best experiences of my life. Each class I have done has helped me improve as a crafter. I have learnt many new techniques, rediscovered some old ones and also found new ways of using my supplies. And the best part has been the encouragement and support I have received from Virginia Lu and Nicole Picadura. Both of them have been really wonderful! I am looking forward now to completing the rest of the challenges.

Entering this card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Clean & Simple:

Altenew January 2019 Inspiration Challenge:



Love,
Nandini


4 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous, love this technique, after distressing, the embossed areas pop out so well, love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on stretching the dies to add dimensions! The placement are even and gorgeous! I am so glad that you enter your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card so much , amazing idea and design. I would like to try this technique with the same die cut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations of being done with classes, wish you luck in your final step. 😍

      Delete