Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Addicted To Stamps & More #324...

Hi! I am here today with my first post for the Addicted To Stamps And More challenge for 2019. I hope you guys had a great start to the new year. The challenge this week is to create a CAS card, a theme very close to my heart.



I created a set of cards with a brand new stamp set by Mudra Craft Stamps called the Cross-stitch Rose. 


I had mentioned the concept of a cross-stitch style stamp set to Varshitha some time back and I love the design that she came up with. Unlike a lot of other, similar sets the Cross-stitch Rose stamps are super easy to line up. I would advise you to practise a little on some scrap paper before actually stamping on the card base. Using a stamp positioner is also helpful. 

For the large bloom, it is easiest if you stamp the darkest layer first. I just found it easier to line up the layers from the darkest to the lightest. The leaves are very easy to stamp. I die-cut a bunch of white panels with a stitching die and used a mix of Altenew mini ink cubes for the stamping. The sentiment is from the Perennial Beauty stamp set by Altenew. I stamped it with dark grey ink. To finish I added some sequins from my stash.

Here are the individual cards.

Altenew Warm & Cozy mini ink cube set:



Altenew Glacier Caves mini ink cube set:



Altenew Sea Shore mini ink cube set:



Altenew Red Cosmos mini ink cube set:


Here is another look at all the cards.


I hope you liked my cards and will give this set a try. You can link your creations to our gallery here. Also, check out the beautiful creations by the rest of the DT. I am sure you will be inspired by them. Looking forward to seeing your gorgeous creations in our gallery.

Love,
Nandini

9 comments:

  1. What a pretty set of cards Nandini and you have the layered stamping down pat!!!
    I hope 2019 is a good year for you.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wonderful array of cards, Nandini! They are really beautiful stamps and you layered them so well. Have a great and creative 2019! Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooow Nandini they are adorable and you made in different Colors too
    lucky you to have this stamp lovely cross stich rose Card set
    You Always have a great idea
    love your Card...you know it
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look just like a cross stitched panel, fab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love your array of cards, this stamp set is really beautiful and you’ve showcased it gorgeously ! You only have to do a lovely box to put them in and you have an amazing gift for a friend ! Love your beautiful CAS design too. It’s a pleasure to be in your team ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning and so beautiful Nandini. Love these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nandini, this is SO lovely! So happy to have found your sweet blog. Thank you so much for your visit and sweet note over on my blog for the Pinkfresh release! Sending many crafty hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet and beautiful, Nandini! Love the softness of colors.

    ReplyDelete