Thursday, August 20, 2020

MFT Summer School Day 1 - Visual Triangle...

Hi! I recently completed 5 projects for the MFT Summer School. This is a fun, educational series by My Favorite Things. It teaches you the basics of good design and how to apply those designs in your cards.

Day 1 covered the concept of creating a visual triangle to add interest to your card. You can read more about it here.

Here is the card I created.

You can check out my video on how I created the card here or you can head over to my YouTube channel.


I used the Buildable Bouquet stamp and die set by MFT for the flowers and Zig real brush pens for all the coloring. 

I used the Smile word die by Lil' Inker for the sentiment.

I have also started keeping track of my NBUS products. NBUS stands for Never Before Used Stuff. These are products that we crafters buy on impulse and never get around to using! I am trying to use as many of these as possible. I have created a Pinterest board for this and plan on updating it. For today's card I used the MFT Buildable Bouquet set from my NBUS stash.

Here is another look at the card.

 

Hope you liked my card and enjoyed the video. I look forward to hearing from you. 

Entering this card in the following challenges:

Creations in Pink #25:

Yes...Virginia August Show & Share:

Love,

Nandini


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers, Nandini - just love your visual triangle around the sentiment!! If you're using NBUS you should add this to the NBUS challenge; the current month's link:
    https://mynbus.blogspot.com/2020/08/nbus-challenge-17.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I have added my entry in the NBUS challenge.

      Delete
  2. Besides being a really cheery and colorful triangle design, the thing I love about this card is that I have ALL of the elements and can CASE this with credit to you, Nandini! That makes me smile! Thank you for the inspiration and for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darnell! I am so honoured that you want to case my card! Please do share the link when you do. I really want to see your take!

      Delete
  3. Love your bright and happy card, Nandini! It's a fabulous design! Feels god to use our NBUS, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card you have made.
    I love it.
    Thank you for participating in our challenge.
    Big Hug Bianca
    DT Creations in Pink Challenges Blog.

    ReplyDelete