Saturday, June 1, 2019

Guest Designer for The Rainbow Card Challenge...

Hi! Nandini here, with a special card for the current Rainbow Card Challenge. I was really thrilled when I was asked to guest design for this great challenge and said yes immediately! Here is the gorgeous photo prompt:



There are so many inspiring elements here that the possibilities are endless! The one that caught my eye was the stack of candy on the lower left corner. Here is the card that I made.



I started with a panel of white cardstock with a linen finish. I love the texture that the finish adds to the card. I selected a bunch of Mai inks by Mudra Craft Stamps and used finger daubers to 'draw' parallel lines. I love these inks as they have such beautiful, vibrant colours. The shades I used were Lemon Yellow, Tangerine Orange, Ruby Red, Fuschia Pink and Ultra Violet. Here is a closer look at the coloured panel.



The sentiment is from the Fairytale Wishes stamp set and the little star is from the Sparkle stamp set, both by Mudra Craft Stamps. I stamped them with Mai Jet Black ink. I adhered the sprig from the Spring Floral chipzeb over the striped area. Here is a closer look of this beautiful and delicate chipboard shape.



To finish, I adhered the ready panel on a top folding kraft card base.
Here is another look at the ready card.



I hope you liked my card and are inspired to create something beautiful. Looking forward to seeing your entries in the Rainbow Card Challenge gallery.

Love,
Nandini

2 comments:

  1. Nandini, I AM IN LOVE with this card! I adore the CAS feel and the bold colors you used for your rainbow! So excited to have you joining us this month at The Rainbow Card Challenge! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are CAS perfect, Nandini!! Congrats on the Guest design! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete