Monday, February 18, 2019

Rainbow Birthday with Pinkfresh Studio...

Hi! I am back after a short break post completing my projects for Altenew Academy. I am just a step away from my certification and super excited about it. The final challenge is conducting a workshop. I have always enjoyed teaching and I am having fun planning it. The workshop will be held in Mumbai on March 3rd. I have also started teaching CAS style cards. The card today is one of the projects we did. The technique is from the Clean, Simple and Colorful Techniques class taught by Laura Bassen for the Altenew Academy.


I started with a panel of ivory cardstock and a bunch of distress inks. I used masking tapes and did ink blending to get a rainbow background. I also added some splatters with gold acrylic paint. Here is a closer look at the blending.


While the panel dried, I used the Let's Celebrate stamp and die set by Pinkfresh Studio to create the top panel. Since the background was very colourful, I decided to keep the stamping simple. To finish I simply popped up the stamped panel with foam tape and adhered both to a top folding ivory card base. Here is another look at the final card.


I love the way this card turned out. And my student had a blast making it. I would love to make this into a shaker card too.

Entering this card in the following challenges:

Pinkfresh Studio February 2019 Challenge:

Yes Virginia... February Show & Share:


Stamping Sensations February - All Things Bright And Beautiful:

Cardz For Galz Challenge #90 - Weather:

Watercooler Wednesday WWC208:



Love,
Nandini

8 comments:

  1. A lovely Bright and Beautiful design! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nandini, your CAS card is beautiful! The rainbow effect is striking, and a perfect background. Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Good luck on your workshop!!! With projects like this, I'm sure it will be a great success!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a cool design with the rainbow color, Nandini!! Way to think outside the box with the dimensions, layer and colors! Love it! So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super happy and fun design! LOVE the rainbow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful and creative card! I love the contrast of the rainbow against the white top card. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the burst of colour on this card. Thank you for joining us in our 'All Things Bright And BEAUtiful' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Such a colorful and happy card. I love it. Thank you for joing us at Cardz 4 Galz this time.

    X Lise Mariann, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nandini this is brilliant! LOVE it!
    Thank you for joining our Pinkfresh Challenge!

    ReplyDelete