Friday, February 1, 2019

All About Layering 3 - Project #4...

Hi! Today's card is based on Day 3 of Altenew Academy's All About Layering 3 class taught by the amazing Lydia Evans. The card taught in class had a monogram with small flowers scattered around it. I thought this look would work with a frame as well. Here is my card.


I started with a sheet of watercolour paper stamped with a bunch of outlines from the Painted Flowers stamp set by Altenew. I had stamped some of them with the base layer in yellow. I still can't remember why! Anyway, I die-cut the images out and sprayed them with water. I scribbled some pink and red brush pens by Camlin and dabbed the colour on the flowers with a damp brush. I added two shades of green to the leaves and allowed them to dry. Really love the artsy watercolour look I got. I also added some gold splatters to the die-cut flowers so that they matched the sentiment.

For the card base, I took a top folding black one and did some black-on-black stamping with the Kaisercraft Script stamp to add some subtle texture to the background. I stamped the sentiment from the Birthday Greetings stamp set by ALtenew with Versamark and heat embossed with gold EP. I also used a gold glitter pen to fill up the word 'Happy'. 

The frame is from Mudra Craft Stamps. Initially, I had planned on colouring it. But I loved the way it looked against the black base. So I kept it raw and adhered it to the card base with liquid glue. I arranged the die-cut flowers around the frame, tucking some underneath and popping some on foam tape. Here is a closer look at the arrangement.


To finish, I added some gold sequins by Mudra Craft Stamps randomly. Here is another look at the card.


I hope you like my card today and will check out this great class.

Entering this card in the following challenges.

Altenew January 2019 Inspiration Challenge:


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:

Just Add Ink #442 - Sketch:


Creative Knockouts #283 - Flower Power:

Love,
Nandini

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous design! Love the flowers against that dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how the warm tones of your lovely water coloured flowers really glow against the black background Nandini. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a beautiful card! Love the stunning contrast of the yellow, pinks and reds against the bold black background! Just stunning! Thanks for playing along this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous car, Nandini! Your frame is so delicate and yet so rich against the black background and I love how you've arranged your beautifully coloured blooms to sit inside it and the sequins to trail away. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete