Thursday, October 11, 2018

Altenew Academy Project #16...

Hi! Today's card for the Altenew Educator Certification Program Level Two is based on a very interesting class. Color Your Day taught by the ever amazing Therese Calvird talks about adding colour to your projects in innovative ways. She speaks a lot about colour theory, using the colour wheel and also drawing inspiration from different objects.

I have always been fascinated by the work of Andy Warhol, one of the most famous exponents of the Pop Art Movement. I chose this picture of Elvis Presley as my inspiration. 


I love the contrasting colours layered against each other. Here is my card.


I chose the Perennial Beauty stamp set because it has a more loose style. I used a mix of pigment inks and distress oxide inks for stamping. I used my heat gun to dry the inks between each layer and also added a layer of white pigment ink before stamping with colour. The sentiment is from the Fresh Freesia stamp set.

Here is a closer look at my pop art flower.


To finish, I trimmed the panel and popped it up with foam tape on a teal card base. I avoided any splatters or embellishments as I wanted the whole focus to be on the flower.

While I had my supplies out, I made one more card using only distress oxide inks.


I just layered the distress oxide inks, heat drying between layers. The effect is more subdued and honestly, I like both equally. Here is a closer look at the flower.


I used a kraft card base for this card and the sentiment is from the Painted Greetings stamp set.

I hope you liked my take on pop art. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Love,
Nandini

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is so gorgeous and artsy at the same time! You truly capture the essence of this challenge! I am loving that you step outside the comfort zone! So glad that you made this your own. Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete