Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lady Stamp-a-lot

Hi! One of the main reasons I started my blog was to participate in the various online challenges. I feel it is  the best way to learn new things and constantly stretch my creative horizons. Lulupu's Challenge #13 - Lady Stamp-a-lot definitely falls in the category of trying new things.

The challenge was to create two different cards using the same stamp set. The challenge appealed to me on two levels. First, I have been very reluctant to experiment with stamping. I guess I am just too intimidated with the fantastic stuff that is seen online. Second, it is nice when a challenge actually makes you use your craft tools frugally. 

Since I own only two stamp sets (both bought from Lulupu, incidentally) the choice was easy. I went with Everyday Sentiments (CPM 078) by Micia.


I had bought this set mainly for the sentiments. Here is a close up of the stamps I used.



And the cards I made



I tried to keep the cards as different as possible, since I didn't have much choice in terms of usable stamps. For the first card I made an easel card and used a largely monochromatic colour scheme.



But I played around with the sentiment.

Supplies used are black card stock and white handmade paper. Stamping is done with Faber Castell's black ink pad. I used my Bigshot for die cutting.



For the sentiment, I used M-seal and took an impression of the stamp while it was still pliable. Once it dried, I applied couple of coats of white acrylic paint. Then I applied a coat of black paint and wiped it off immediately for a distressed look. Finally, I rubbed some Magenta 3D glitter from Hobby Ideas into the sentiment and wiped away the excess with a wet cloth. I added two glittered butterflies and did white stitching lines as the final touches.

For the second card, I went for a rainbow look.



I used brown and cream card stock and the black ink pad from Faber Castell. I used water colour pencils by Faber Castell in the colours of the rainbow for the background.


So, Violet, Indigo and Blue


Then Blue, Green and Yellow



And finally Yellow, Orange and Red.



I blended the colours using a damp brush and stamped the same image thrice. The sentiment was of course stamped in black on the cream card stock. All the rectangles were mounted on double sided tape for added depth. Some stitching lines in white and a glittered butterfly in pale pink completed the card.

I am also entering the second card in the Rainbow Colours Without a 'Rainbow' Challenge by Catchy Challenges and Itsy Bitsy All That Glitters Challenge.

Love,
Nan

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Nandini. Even though you used the same set of stamps, each card is way different from other, love them both. Glad to be your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Harika. And welcome to my blog. I really loved your blog, especially the quilled creations

      Delete
  2. Pretty lovely creations.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in
    crazycrafter-craftsuppliesshop.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards Nandini !I loved the monochromatic easel card with hint of pink and the sentiment idea to use m-seal with glitter is just fantastic ! I liked the rainbow colored tiles on second one too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cards are so beautiful...The second one is amazing...is it normal black stamp pad..












    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Sindhu. Yes it is the normal stamp pad available in office supplies.

      Delete
  5. These are just so Beautiful Nandini.. both your cards are so perfect !..I especially loved the sentiment stamped on M-seal ..Totally fab idea !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Nandini.Water colour Rainbow effect was just wowwwwwww.Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved both your cards! Absolutely stunning!

    thanks for joining Lulupu Challenhge#13

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Nandini!!! You have to be kidding if you tell me you haven't stamped before!! Love love love them both!! :D

    Thanks for playing along at Lulupu's Challenge #13 :)

    Love,
    Nikita..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nandini!Thanks for your sweetness on my blog!!I absolutely love both of your cards..makes me want to grab that stamp set immediatley..thanks so much for empathizing with me..it's sooooo difficult to craft with a toddler around!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining us at Catchy Challenges.All the Best!! Loved both your cards.

    ReplyDelete