Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Back after a break...

Hi! Back after almost two months! Can't believe how time has flown. The summer holidays are almost over and rains are just around the corner.

I conducted two Summer Camps in April & May for kids. These were probably the toughest I have done so far. Firstly because I had to manage with my son, aged one, who refused to leave me even for a minute. And secondly because we had really little kids this time round. The oldest was 6 years old; most of them were two and three year olds. But it was fun. I'll post the pics of the camp and our projects later.

In February I had participated in the Multi-fold Note Card Swap at Swap Central India. The challenge - make total 20 note cards each measuring 4 x 4 inches and using 5 different folds. So 4 note cards per fold.

I have already posted pics of Spring Fold Cards


And the Easel Cards. I made these in two shapes; circle


and square


Please do check out the relevant blog posts for more details and pics.

The third fold I used was the Double Diagonal Fold. There is an excellent tutorial at Splitcoaststampers for the Diagonal Double Pocket Card by Claudia Rosa.

The first card was probably one of the fastest I made.


Supplies used were handmade paper in red and gold and a ready made paisley motif. The gold paper and motif were in my stash. I found the red paper with the pretty gold print at my local stationary shop. I thought the papers looked so good together, there was little need of fancy embellishments. I simply die-cut a circle in gold paper and mounted it with double sided tape. The paisley motif was just glued on top.

For the second card, I decided to use teabag folding for embellishment.


I used a pale lilac handmade paper for the base and added a strip of dark purple mulberry paper for a contrast.


The tiles for teabag folding were downloaded from the Internet and printed out. I used the simple arrow fold to construct the flower out of eight tiles. A green gem in the center completed the card.

For the third card, I was again inspired by the paper I had. I had bought this paper some time back as I fell in love with the lovely, soft colours as well as the subtle silvery sheen. I thought the paper was perfect for a baby card.


Supplies used were handmade paper in white and pale lilac, printed paper with a cabbage rose design, a bit of green satin ribbon and some pearls.

I die-cut the lilac paper with a scalloped circle and punched hole with my single hole punch on each scallop. I fixed another circle in white over the lilac paper and mounted both with double sided tape.


The inspiration for the baby dress came from the blog Stamping Sweet Spot by Barbara Dykhouse. I just loved the way it turned out! The funny thing is everybody who saw the card seemed to like the hanger as much! Well, the hanger is just a u pin twisted into shape.

For the fourth and final card of this series, I again went back to teabag folding.


Supplies used were white handmade paper and eight circle tiles.


I used the zigzag fold for the flower and a green gem in the center. After I finished, I thought the card looked a bit too stark. So I added stitching lines with a green glitter pen.

So here are the four Diagonal Double Pocket Cards.


And the close-ups



Hope you liked them.

I'll be back soon with the rest of the cards.

Love,
Nan

4 comments: