Thursday, October 1, 2020

Rainbow Card Challenge - Smoky Slate...

Hi! Welcome back to the Rainbow Card Challenge. I am here with my inspiration for the October challenge.


This mood board is so lovely! It has a sense of mystery and elegance that I love. The colors also reminded me of marble. So I decided to pull out my NBUS stash and used the Layering Marble stamp set by Waffle Flower for the background. I love this stamp set. But it is very difficult to line up. Of course, the results are amazing. So I guess the effort is well worth the end result! Here is the card I created.


I started with a piece of white cardstock and used three shades of the Warm Gray mini ink cube set by Altenew for the stamping. I also used the same inks to ink up some scraps of paper that I cut with a wreath die. Here is a closer look at the background.


I trimmed the stamped panel and adhered it to a light grey card base popped up on some foam. I layered the wreath die cuts over some vellum and added the element to the card. The sentiment is from the Stitched Greetings stamp and dies set by Pink & Main. I used grey ink for the stamping and added the panel to the card front, using some foam to pop it up. I also used a corner rounder to shape the corners of the panel.


Here is the finished card.


Here is another look at the finished card.


I hope you are inspired by my card and create something beautiful. You can visit the Rainbow Card Challenge blog for more inspiration from the DT and link your creations. I look forward to seeing you in our gallery!



The Waffle Flower Layering Marble stamp set is around 3-4 years old. And this is the first time I managed to line it up correctly and create a beautiful background.

Retro Rubber Challenge #144:

I used the Waffle Flower Layering Marble stamp set which is around 3-4 years old.

Love,
Nandini

9 comments:

  1. Hi Nandini,
    Love your card... especially that marble background. What a great background for the gray without overpowering the wreath... Beautifully done.
    Elena DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card is shades of gray....unusual but very pretty! I think I might have to try this one myself! Thanks for playing with our Retro Rubber challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty neutral gray card! AI really like the die cut wreath. Thank you for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see where this would be tricky, Nandini, but you did it beautifully with this gorgeous and elegant design! I love every detail!! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - just love your marbled panel, Nandini - so great with the wreath atop! Great job with the slate prompt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Your "marble" stamp is very unique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mysterious marble - you've captured it perfectly in this design! What a smokeshow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card! I love the marble background you created. Your clever idea to use vellum in the center of the wreath is perfect.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful card Nandini! The marble is just awesome and I love how you layered those wreath die cuts. :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete