Thursday, September 24, 2020

Slim-line Card | Watercoloring with Dye Inks

Hi! I am here today with my very first slim-line card. Slim-line cards are such a hot trend right now! I really enjoyed working with different proportions for my card.

I started with a piece of watercolor paper measuring slightly more than 3” x 8”. I stamped the flowers from the Fresh Cut Roses stamp set by Mudra Craft Stamps with Versamark and heat embossed with Sea Foam embossing powder by Ranger. I smooshed Lemon Yellow and Tangerine Orange Mai inks on my mat with some water and pressed the watercolor paper over it.

Once the paper was dry, I used the Mai inks to watercolor the flowers. These were the inks I used – Flamingo Pink, Fuchsia Pink, Ruby Red, Lilac, and Ultra Violet. For the leaves, I used a mix of distress inks and watercolors.

The sentiment is from the Wishing You stamp set by MudraCraft Stamps. I stamped it with Versafine Black Onyx ink. I used a black marker to extend the lines across the width of the card.


To assemble the card, I cut a piece of foam slightly smaller than my water-colored panel and adhered the two together. To finish, I popped up the piece on a dark green card base measuring 3½” x 8½”. The card base is from the Paperum range by Mudra.

Here is another look at the finished card.


I had fun making this card and look forward to making more slim-line cards in the future.

Entering this card in the following challenges.

Mudra Craft Challenge #35:


Yes...Virginia September Show and Share:

Love,

Nandini

 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous slimline design, Nandini - just love your gorgeous flowers and background!! Perfect with the sentiment you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous inking, Nandini! Love it! It’s wonderful to see you try new things and play with techniques. So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL! Very happy to see your lovely work! Thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colors and an adorable card. Thank you for taking part in Mudra Challenge #35. Good luck.

    Manasa Priya,
    Dt- Mudra ❤️

    ReplyDelete