Sunday, July 5, 2020

Step-by-step Tutorial for CrafTreat with Video | Layered Hydrangea Stencil

Hi! Nandini Karmarkar here, with my very first DT post for CrafTreat! 

I am a big fan of stencils and I really love the CrafTreat layered stencils. With the multiple layers for each flower, it is very easy to get a beautiful, realistic-looking image. Today I will show you a card I created using the Layered Hydrangea stencil.


I have also included a detailed video showing the process. You can also watch it here.



I created two flowers, one with light pink, dark pink and purple, and the second with yellow, orange, and purple. Using multiple shades gives added depth to your image. For the flower centers, I used distress oxide ink and then added some glitter paste. This gives some shine as well as texture to the flowers.



I kept the leaves simple. There are two leaves in this stencil and I just inked each in two shades of green.

Once the ink was dry, I fussy-cut everything, leaving a tiny border around the image. If you find it difficult to maintain an even border while fussy-cutting, first lightly draw a line with a pencil. You can simply erase it after your cutting is done.

I like cards that have a bit of drama. And colorful flowers against a dark background always look dramatic. So I decided to use a black card base. To add some subtle texture to the background, I used one of the stencils from the 2-Step Plaid and added some inking with black ink.
To assemble the card, I arranged the flowers and leaves over the card base in a pleasing arrangement and adhered them with liquid glue. I used foam tape to pop up some of the elements.



I stamped the sentiment with dark pink ink and adhered it to the card with some foam tape.

Here is another look at the completed card.





CrafTreat Supplies:



Other Supplies:

  • Dye inks
  • Distress Oxide inks
  • Black card base
  • Cream cardstock
  • Finger Daubers
  • Glitter paste




2 comments:

  1. Your card is very pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, amazing what we can do with stencils now, you have put these flowers together beautifully with stunning colour combination. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete