Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Addicted To Stamps And More Challenge #354...

Hi! Wednesday means a fresh new challenge at the Addicted To Stamps And More Challenge. This week’s theme is very dear to me.



I have always loved the Build-A-Flower series by Altenew. This series features a different flower every month and the sets have both stamps and the coordinating dies, which is great. I decided to go for the Japanese Mums as my first set. Here is the first card I made with this gorgeous stamp set.



I started with a top folding card base in cream. This paper has a fine splattering of dark colors which gives it more texture. I stamped the outline of the Japanese Mum stamp set by Altenew with Versamark ink all over the front and heat embossed it with Ranger’s Metallic Copper embossing powder. After heat embossing, I stamped the final, detailed layer with Versamark and heat embossed with the same embossing powder. Here is a look at the embossing.



Since the background was quite busy, I decided to keep the rest of the card very simple. I stamped the sentiment from the Birthday Greetings stamp set by Altenew on a strip of the cream paper with dark brown ink. For the mat, I simply inked another piece of with the same ink. I adhered the mat to the card base and added the sentiment panel popped up on some foam tape. To finish, I added two pearls from my stash.



Here is another look at the completed card.

I hope you liked this card and are inspired to create something beautiful. I look forward to seeing your creations in our gallery. Please visit the Addicted To Stamps And More Challenge to link your creations and also get more inspiration from my talented teamies.

Entering this card in the following challenges:
International Art & Soul Challenge #64 - Embossing:

Crafting Happiness #9 - Flowers:

Scrap From Your Heart Challenge #36 - Monochromatic:

Pearly Sparkles Challenge #43 - Something Beginning with B:

CCEE Stampers CCEE1932 - Embossing:

Love,
Nandini

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Your embossed flower background is stunning. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity at Crafting Happiness Challenge. Hope you'll share more of your projects.
    Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy
    Crafting Happiness Challenges
    Facebook Page for Pause Dream Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty background, Nandini - the flowers are beautiful and I love the monochrome look.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely flowers. Thanks for joining us at International Art & Soul this fortnight. Hugs, Maggie, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very lovely card. Thank you for joining us at scrap from Your heart. Hugs Katrine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you've used the big beautiful flower in such a subtle way on a background and in this colour Nandini. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a sweet card, Nandini! Beautiful and rich background for such simple sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wooow Nandini using the Ranger’s Metallic Copper embossing made this Card elegant and lovely Flower stamp you have too..great Card sweety
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Stamping! Thanks for playing along with us at Pearly Sparkles. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete