Monday, September 24, 2018

Altenew Academy Project #12...

Hi1 I am here with my next project for the Level 2 of Altenew Educator Certification Program. There has been a gap of almost 4 months since I posted my last project. But this program allows you to proceed at your own pace. Which is really wonderful!

I actually made three cards today, all for different classes. I will be posting the others very soon. So keep watching this space!

Today's card is inspired by the With A Twist by Therese Calvird. I have always been a big fan of Therese Calvird and I was also very intrigued by the title. This class is loaded with great twists on classic techniques which are guaranteed to tickle your creativity.

I was most inspired by the idea of cutting the card at an angle and also creating my own pattern paper by stamping and heat embossing on coloured paper. Here is my card.


I started with a piece of orange cardstock. I stamped the leaves and berries randomly with Versamrk and heat embossed with silver EP. I used the Warm and Cozy mini ink cubes to stamp the solid berries. For the leaves, I used the Forest Glades marker. I also used the tiny stamp from the Striped Florals set and Delicata ink to add some dots. I trimmed the ready panel at an angle. I left around 2 inches extra at the top.

The grey panel is cut out of some silvery grey handmade paper from Itsy Bitsy. Trimmed it exactly like the orange panel, just flipping it. I left around two inches extra on the right side.

The white panel is cut to 4¼ x 5½ inches. The sentiment is from the Birthday Greetings stamp set. I stamped it with Onyx Black Versafine ink and then heat embossed with clear EP.

The orange and grey panels open up.


The second sentiment is also from the Birthday Greetings stamp set and heat embossed with Ranger's Dried Marigold EP.


Once the card is open, there is ample space to write the message at the top. 

Here is a closer look at the card.


I really love the way this card turned out. I also look forward to adding the new twists to my cards.

I am entering this card in the STAMPtember celebration by Simon Says Stamp.

Love,
Nandini

1 comment:

  1. So happy to see you posting AECP project again, Nandini. This card is so intricate and is full of labor of love! Superb embossing! Lovve the look of a design paper that you created! Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete