Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Addicted To Stamps And More #257...

Hi! Wednesdays mean a new challenge at the Addicted To Stamps And More blog. This week's challenge #257 is all about


Here is my take on this challenge.


I decided to try a wet-on-wet stamping technique as shown by Sandy Allnock that I have been meaning to try for a very long time. You can check out the original blog post with the video tutorial here

I started with a piece of Textured White card stock by Itsy Bitsy. I love this paper since it is a lovely bright white and thick. You can check out my review of this paper here. I can add to that review and vouch that this paper is good for watercoloring as well! For coloring I used the new Camlin Brush Pens. They have recently come out with a set of 24 pens and I am totally in love with them! At Rs. 350/- they are a steal! The colors are vibrant and mix very well.

I mounted the Hydrangea Silhouette stamp by Joy! Crafts on my stamp positioner  and used a mix of pinks, yellow, green and orange pens to stamp. After the panel was dry, I die cut it with the Double Stitched Rectangle dies by DCAM. Here is a closer look at the panel.


The sentiment is from the Many Thanks stamp and cut set by Momenta. I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I trimmed a piece of black card stock and die cut the center. After laying in my watercolor panel, I mounted the whole thing on a black card base with foam tape.

I hope you liked my card and are inspired to create something beautiful. Don't forget to check out the fabulous creations by my super talented team mates at the Addicted To Stamps And More challenge blog. You can also link your creations there.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:

#TGIFC122 Technique Challenge - Watercolor:


Happy Little Stampers August Watercolor Challenge:



Happy Little Stampers August CAS Challenge:


House of Cards August Challenge - Floral Images and/or Colors:


Love,
Nandini


8 comments:

  1. The technique gives a really soft effect, not tried that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is beautiful, a lovely arty look and so pleased you shared with us at HLS x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card and I love your soft watercolouring.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've achieved lovely results with the wet-on-wet technique! Beautiful flowers....
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card...love your wonderful watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card ..... great technique. Thank you for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic water coloring, Nandini! Looks so elegant and romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beauitful! I love how this has turned out.

    ReplyDelete