Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A quick card...

Hi! I have been experimenting with different background techniques lately. I find it very convenient to make several and keep. I needed a card for my daughter's coach who graduated recently. With the background ready, assembling the card was a snap.


I used water colour paper and Camlin photo inks to create the background. The super talented Tejal Mehta of Creative Expressions was the one who introduced me to these inks and they are just fantastic!

I added some splatters of gold acrylic paint. The sentiment was die cut twice. Once in glittery gold and then in plain cream.

Hope you like this card as much as I do.

Entering this card in the Freshly Made Sketches #170.



Love,
Nan

4 comments:

  1. Great card! Love that background! Very pretty letters! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely bg nandini, gold glitters add value to this card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nan!
    Thank you very much for your lovely comment on my blog ♥
    Very nice card - I love the colorful background and the touch of gold.
    Beste wishes, Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Nandini the background looks amazing...I bought those photocolors on a whim some months back and couldnt create anything pretty with it...when you get time could you please post some tips on how to use these!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete