Saturday, March 16, 2013

A quick origami project...

Hi! Back again after a break. I have been busy crafting and haven't found the time to actually sit and post the pics. So expect some quick posts now!

I put in my name for the swap at Swap Central India. I must say those girls come up with some really interesting challenges. This swap involved making four note cards each with five different types of folds. The twist? Each card has to be 4 x 4 inches only. I had so much fun doing this! And learnt loads. Just waiting till I can share all the pics here.

Anyways, I decided to take a break from card making for a day. I stumbled across this cool origami tutorial by Tweety Atelier and decided to give it a try. The result is:


Though the instructions are in a different language, the picture instructions are so good that the project came together in a snap.

Here is the close up


I have used some pattern paper in peach with a silver gray print which I picked up at a local shop. The finished size is 11 x 11 inches. Other than two square pieces of paper this frame doesn't need anything. 

A great project that comes together quickly. This has definitely whetted my appetite for learning origami!

Love,
Nan

8 comments:

  1. That certainly was quite a twist and you've pulled it off marvelously. Origami actually offers so much potential but we tend to write it off as kids stuff... thanks from reminding me... and very happy to be your newest follower Nan :)
    Crafting Till The Crack of Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Sunehra and welcome. I have long been an admirer of your work. So happy to hear these encouraging words from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant work..happy to follow ur blog nan..

    ReplyDelete