Tuesday, January 28, 2020

White-on-white Elegance...

Hi! I recently finished the Mission: Inspiration class by Altenew Academy. The instructor, Nicole Watts, is an amazing teacher and the class focused on where and how to find inspiration. It also included several tips on organizing the inspiration and converting it into actual cards. If you are like me and end up spending a lot of time surfing on the net, this class is for you.

I made two white-on-white cards with loads of texture. This is the first card. I will post the second next week.



I started with a piece of watercolor paper and the Foliage stencil by Altenew. I used the Mixed Media Paste by Little Birdie instead of inks or paint for the first layer. Made by Itsy Bitsy India, the Mixed Media paste is a great product. Applied directly it works as texture or embossing paste. It can also be diluted with water and used as gesso. After the panel was completely dry, I used the Sparkle Paste, also by Little Birdie for the second layer. Here is a closer look at the panel.



I trimmed the panel and mounted it on a top folding ivory card base with foam tape. The sentiment is from the Cross Stitch Flower stamp set by Altenew. I stamped it with black ink on a strip of dark orange paper.


The sentiment strip is also popped up on foam tape for added dimension. Here is another look at the completed card.


I just love the gentle shimmer of the Sparkle Paste and the pop of the sentiment strip.



Hope you liked my card. I would love to hear from you.


Entering this card in the following challenges:

Yes, Virginia January Show & Share:



Simon Says Monday Challenge - All Loved Up:

Timeout Challenge #153 - Wardrobe:



I was inspired by the beautiful Chikankari Kurtis that I have. Chikankari is a form of traditional Indian embroidery that is done on thin cotton fabrics in white. The fabrics are generally white or very pastel colors. Here is a typical example.



As You See It Challenge #217 - Love is in the Air:

Love,

Nandini

10 comments:

  1. What a fabulous technique, Nandini! The texture with white-on-white is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I adore the glitter and textured background, Nandini! So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL! Very happy to see your lovely work! Thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the elegance of your card. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, such wonderful texture and adore the way you created this and then added the gorgeous sparkle. Nandini I do love this embroidery and so pleased you used this as your inspiration. Thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. The texture of the white-on-white is lovely and the touch of sparkle works a treat. Great fashion inspiration too! Thanks for sharing with us over at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a unique contribution to our challenge gallery, Nandini! I love the 2 layer texture and the white on white along with the connection to the traditional Chikankari embroidery! Thanks for sharing it with us at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty...you used that embroidered fabric as a wonderful inspiration! Thanks for sharing this with us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful. I love the delicate white on white look and the added shimmer! Thank you for joining us at Time Out and I hope to see you joining our new challenge "Affectionate"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot take my eyes off! Wow, now that's Chickenkari on paper and what a great piece of hand loom to take out of your wardrobe. So glad to see this gorgeous card linked in at Time out, thank you for joining us. Hugs ~ Ishani.

    ReplyDelete