Thursday, January 9, 2020

Happy Little Stampers January Challenge...

Hi! I hope the new year has started with a bang for all of you! Today is the first challenge of 2020 at the Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies. You can create anything, as long as you use dies.


My inspiration today is an easel card I created for Christmas. Though with a simple change in the sentiment, you can use this design for any occasion.


The card can be propped open and displayed on the mantle or your desk.


I started with a square piece of ivory paper which I die-cut with the Mexican Tile die by Cheery Lynn. This die has been in my stash for years, but I never really got the hang of using it. Since it is extremely intricate, you need to use a thinner paper and make several passes through the machine. I was extremely happy that it worked this time. 

Here is a close up of the die-cutting.


I added a small square of pink paper under the central tile and also used the same paper for the matting. The flowers are from Itsy Bitsy. Here is a closer look at the flowers.


The sentiment is from the Christmas Poinsettia stamp set by Mudra Craft Stamps.


Here is another look at the card front.


I hope you find my card inspiring and pull out your dies to play. You can check out the Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge blog for more inspiration and also link your creations. Looking forward to seeing your cards in our gallery.

Entering this card in the following challenge:

CAS(E) This Sketch #353:





Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Fun With Florals:

The Flower Challenge #40 - Shaped Cards:




Allsorts Challenge Week 553 - Soft Pastels:

Watercooler Wednesday: WWC253:
Pop of pink adds a feminine twist to the card.



Use Your Stuff #389:
I used a die that has been in my stash for years. The flowers too are a freebie that I got couple of years ago.


Edited – 10-06-2021

Creative Creases Challenge #8


Love,
Nandini

8 comments:

  1. Hi Teamie, wonderful card love that die and design.
    Following you maybe you follow me back...aNNie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautifully soft and delicate feeling feminine creation, many thanks for joining in with our 'Soft Pastels' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colours and design. Thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Nandini, I love your gorgeous easel card! You're totally right, with a change of sentiment, your card could so easily be used for any occasion. I love the delicate die-cuts and the soft, wonderful colours. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW Nandini. What a stunning card. The die cuts are so pretty. Thanks for playing with us at Watercooler Wednesday
    Dawn T ~ DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and I love the shape with the die cut. So pretty and festive. Thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Nandi, those die cuts are so so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful and elegant, Nandini! Your card is stunning! The addition of the pink background is so subtle but adds so much! I love this beautiful die - I must look out for it!

    ReplyDelete