Monday, September 26, 2016

Make My Monday Challenge #31...

Hi! There is a new challenge up on the Make My Monday Challenge blog and the theme is No Pattern Paper. This is a rather easy theme for me as I rarely use pattern paper in my cards. I do like to hoard it though!

I decided to make a baby card for a friend who has recently been blessed with twins, a boy and a girl. I wanted to stay away from the cutsie cards and include the colors blue and pink. This is what I came up with.




I started with two pieces of plain white card stock. I smooshed three shades of pink on one and three shades of blue on the other. I splattered some water and dabbed it away with a paper towel for more texture. I also added some splatters with diluted metallic silver acrylic paint. After drying the pieces, I used the Stitched Star dies by Gina Marie designs to die cut both pieces. I ended up with two stars. 


Here is a close up of the star.




I took the Texture Mesh stencil by Memory Box and placed it on top of a panel of white card stock. I applied Hickory Smoke distress ink to get some pattern in the background. I mounted the star on two more die cuts to get a little dimension and glued it to the stenciled panel. 


The sentiment was cut with the Scripty Congrats die by Lawn Fawn from some silver glitter paper. I again glued three die cuts for some dimension and then added it over the star. I trimmed my panel a bit and added a strip of the same glitter paper to the left of the card base.


At this point I felt that the card needed a little more. So I used the tiny stars from the Let's Part stamp set by Mudra Craft Stamps. I stamped them with some silver pigment ink.


I finished the card by mounted the panel on the card base with double sided tape.


I hope you like my card and are inspired to create something beautiful. Be sure to visit the Make My Monday Challenge blog and check out the fabulous inspiration that my awesome teamies have created for you. Looking forward to seeing your creations in our challenge gallery.


Entering this card in the following challenges:


Mudra Craft Stamps Challenge #1 - Anything Goes


Memory Box Challenge #16 - Stencils



Lawnscapping Challenge #138: Geometric




CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #192



Love,
Nandini

9 comments:

  1. your card is totally stylish, hun!

    Hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Love the bold colors and all the sparkle. Great interpretation of the sketch! Thank you for joining us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty and eye catching details. Beautifully crafted. Thanks for your visit and lovely comment.
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card! Love the stacked die-cut stars & the touch of glitter on the side.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Mudra! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. twins!!!! what FUN!!!! LOVE the card you made for your friend! the interlaced pinks and blues are SO sweet!! LOVE that tiny hint of squares behind it too!! Such a cool effect!! Thank you so much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! loved the stacked stars and the BG too. Thank for playing along at Mudra's challenge. Good luck.
    Gayatri
    Mudra DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that background. I need to play with my stencils more. Your card was great inspiration!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the texture! Very gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining the fun at Mudra Craft Stamps Challenge #1. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete