Friday, September 2, 2016

Craftyscrappers Challenge #8...

Hi! The Craftscrappers Challenges are back after a break. We are a bi monthly challenge now. We will choose three winners who will get goodie bags from Craftyscrappers.

Since Teacher's Day falls on 5th September, we want you to make creations with your teachers in mind. You can make anything - cards, tags, bookmarks etc. Please post your beautiful creations on the Craftyscrappers Craft Challenges Face Book page.

I made a Thank You card for this challenge.


I used a new-to-me technique called Ink Layering. The original post is by Jennifer Mcguire and you can check it out here. I have put together a short tutorial which I find will be helpful.


I started with a piece of kraft card stock which I attached to my stencil with washi tape. The stencil is Peonies All Over by Stamplorations.


Then I used an ink blending foam and applied Hero Arts White Unicorn ink. The result was a beautiful white pattern on the paper. Honestly I was tempted to leave it as is!


Next I reattached the stencil but offset it slightly and used my Camlin brush pens to apply color through the stencil.


Here is the final panel after removing the stencil.


And a close up of the final. Doesn't it look like little jewels?

Rest of the card was super simple. I trimmed and then mounted the panel on a black card base. The sentiment is from Wonderful Words by CAS-ual Fridays. I stamped it with Versamark and Heat embossed with white EP. I used a ready die cut from Craftyscrappers for the sentiment. These die cuts are available at Craftyscrappers in a large variety of shapes and sizes. They are high quality and make a crafter's life so much easier! I simply grabbed the die cut, colored it with Memento Black Tuxedo ink, stamped my sentiment and heat embossed.

This time I also decorated the inside of the card.


I simply put the stencil over the cream paper and traced the design with a black pen.

I hope you are inspired by my card to create something beautiful. Please make sure to visit the Craftyscrappers Craft Challenges Face Book page for more details. You will also find more gorgeous inspiration by my talented teamies. And remember to enter your creations in the challenge. It ends on 15th September and the winners will get a goodie bag from Craftyscrappers.

Entering the card in the following challenges:

Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge: September - Anything Goes
I have stamped the sentiment

Creative Friday #161 - Anything Goes

NBUS Challenge #7
I have had the stencil for a very long time and used it for the first time.



Sweet Stampin Challenge - No DSP

AAA Cards Game #72 - New To You Technique
First time I used the Ink Layering technique



Love,
Nandini

26 comments:

  1. Lovely card... Lovely technique...must try... what are those colour pencils..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Swapna. These are the Camlin Brush Pens. Very good quality and very pocket friendly. Unfortunately they come in only 12 colors.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful use of technique ! loved tbe dimensional look of the stenciled design a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is super lovely. Such a great technique! Thank you for playing along at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful and creative card in the Sweet Stampin’ No Designer Paper Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous look, great use of the colours. Thanks for joining AAA

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous card, thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet and colourful card, love the white shadow and the faux 3D look!! I didn't knew this technique, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does indeed look like little jewels! Fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is incredible, Nandini!! Thank you for the step-by-step tutorial! All that work is worth it for this beautiful jeweled result!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #7! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh that’s so elegant! Love the blue, green and pink combo. What a fabulous take on our ‘No Designer Series Paper’ challenge. So gorgeous inside and out. Thanks for joining in the fun with the Sweet Stampin’ crew last week. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin’ DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Karen and welcome to my blog. I will definitely visit your blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely card with great technique! Thanks for joinig us at creative friday! Hugs,Beate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your colourful card .... great technique. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card.

    Thanks for playing with us @ Creative Friday.
    Hugs, Katja

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, beautifully coloured! Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It :)

    ReplyDelete