Monday, September 12, 2016

Make My Monday Challenge #30...

Hi! The current challenge #30 at Make My Monday Challenge Blog is Autumn Leaves / Fall. This is a bit tough for me as we don't experience autumn in India. So my only reference is Pinterest. Luckily there are many wonderful creations with this theme on Pinterest.

I took my cue from the colors of the foliage and of course leaves.


I started with a piece of watercolor paper and my trusty Camlin photo inks. I put drops of red, orange, green and yellow inks on my craft sheet, sprayed generously with water and then swiped my paper through. I kept up this process till I was happy with the result. Since I used a fairly large piece of paper, I could get two panels out of it. Here is a close up of the watercolor background.


After the piece was dry I stamped various leaf images with Versamark and heat embossed with silver EP by Ranger. The stamp sets are In The Garden and Garden Leaves by Itsy Bitsy. These were recently introduced and are very reasonably priced. After the heat embossing, I used bleach to remove the color from the leaves. This is an interesting technique that I have used before here and here.

After my panel was ready I cut it into two with the Double Stitched Rectangle Dies by our very own Die Cuts And More. These are great dies as they come in a set of 6 with the largest die measuring 5.25" x 4". Their quality is absolutely great and they have the stitching detail on both sides of the cutting line. Here is the second panel.


I mounted the panels on the card base with double sided tape. The sentiment is from the Big, The Bold and The Extras set by Winnie & Walter. I heat embossed it on scraps of black paper with Fluorescent Tickled Pink and Metallic Pink embossing powders by WOW!

I hope you liked my inspiration cards. Be sure to go to the Make My Monday challenge blog and check out the awesome inspiration by rest of the DT.


Love,
Nandini

3 comments:

  1. I love these Nandini! I have used the background technique before but never thought of using bleach to take color out of the stamped images. I am going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete