Friday, September 16, 2016

Craftyscrappers Craft Challenge #9...

Hi! The Craftyscrappers Crafty Challenge #9 is back with a new challenge. This is a easy one - Anything Goes. So you can create anything you wish - only the sky and your creativity is the limit!

Our sponsor for this challenge is 




Craftyscrappers is a great e-shop selling high quality die cuts, stamps and embellishments at very pocket friendly rates.

You could be the lucky winner to win amazing prizes from our CRAFTYSCRAPPERS SHOP

FIRST WINNER: a clear stamp set along with craft goodies.
SECOND WINNER: assorted die cuts.
THIRD WINNER: assorted embossed cards pack.

I made a birthday card using loads of die cuts for this challenge.


My starting point was the beautiful die cut window frame that was a part of my DT kit. Here are the supplies that I started with. 



I used the Tulips die set by Impression Obsession to get a bunch of flowers out of white card stock and the Sizzix Floral Wreath set to get some foliage. I then colored them with sketch pens. I also traced the die cut window onto a kraft card stock and cut it out with a craft knife. The stamp set is also from Craftyscrappers. It has loads of beautiful sentiments perfect for every occasion.

I changed the color of the die cut by applying Versamark and then heat embossing it with Ranger's Sea Foam White EP. I applied several coats to get a sturdy die cut with a lovely texture. Here is the die cut after heat embossing.



After I had finished my flowers and the window, it was time to assemble my card.


I used some red tacky tape that Shalini Mittal of Crafters Corner was kind enough to send to adhere a piece of acetate to my aperture panel. This tape is super strong and perfect for this kind of work. I then adhered the die cut window to the front of the card. I added some dark brown paper behind the die cut on the card base and added the aperture panel mounted on foam tape. 

I added the flowers and foliage die cuts and finally added the window box which also doubles as the sentiment panel. Here is a close up.


For the window box I cut a scrap piece of kraft card stock and shaped it. I then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment. I also added some texture by simply laying down my Tim Holtz Wood Grain stencil and tracing through it with my embossing pen.

I hope you like my card and are inspired to create something lovely. Please link up your to our challenge and maybe you will be one of the lucky winners! Looking forward to seeing you in our gallery.

Entering this card in the following challenges:

Penny Black and More September Challenge - Add a Sentiment

Mod Squad Challenge Blog - What's That You Say?

The Card Concept #57 - Rainbow Connection
I made a Clean and Layered card. The hanging baskets remind me of the multicolored tulips that I have used on the card.



Love,
Nandini

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet scene you've created! I love the texture and colors. Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Love that beautiful window and window box full of happy tulips! Great sentiment, love the happy font! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply fabulous! Love those flowers in your sweet window. So glad you joined us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling little scene you've created! So pretty :). Thanks for joining us over on The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete