Friday, March 20, 2020

Review of CraftGully Online Store...

Hi! I am here today with a review of some products by Craft Gully, a great craft supplies store based in Goa. I met Kunjal Nirwani, co-founder of Craft Gully through a mutual friend. She was sweet enough to send me a selection of products to try and review.



The very first product I tried was the glue. And I was very impressed by the quality! The glue is very strong, dries quickly and is suitable for paper as well as foam, plastics, etc. Since it dries to a clear, matte finish there are no ugly stains or shiny spots to mar your work. Definitely a winner and a product that is going to be in my stash!

Moving on, the second range that really caught my eye was the Scrappy Tales pattern papers. Kunjal is a graphic designer by training and I fell in love with her beautiful designs. Her floral papers are elegant and pretty. And the monochromatic papers are just gorgeous. I made a very simple, layered card using one of the papers from the Floral Corsage paper pack.


I took some pattern paper, vellum and black cardstock and die-cut all of them using nested banner dies. Here is a closer look at the layering.


You can really see the high quality of the design and paper. The sentiment is from the Birthday Wishes stamp set by Altenew. I stamped it with Versamark and heat embossed with metallic red embossing powder.


Here is another look at the card.


I used the two papers from the Floral Corsage paper pack for my second card as well. This time I created a baby card.





The card has a flap that opens up.


I used the Fishtail Banners Two die set by Lil Inker Designs to cut the opening. I used stamps from the Little One stamp set and the coordinating die for the onesie and the sentiment.


Here is another look at the card.


I used the Monohues Series –Black paper pack for my next card. This pack has really gorgeous papers in black, white and grey. I love the mix of floral and graphic designs. Some of them are perfect for coloring too. I went for a black-n-white card with a pop of teal.


The die is the gorgeous 3D Fantasy Florals die set by Altenew. I used a mix of pattern papers and black cardstock to cut the various layers. Here is a close-up of the flower.


I wanted some teal splatters on the card to tie in with the circle die-cut. So I used the Jamaican Teal chalk paint.


I was pleasantly surprised by how well the teal color shows up on the pitch-black paper! Even when diluted the color is so vivid.


The sentiment is from the Painted Greetings stamp set by Altenew. I stamped it with white pigment ink. I offset the stamp slightly and re-stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with black embossing powder.


To finish, I assembled the card and rounded the bottom corners with a corner rounder. Here is another look at the card.


Entering this card in the following challenge

Just Us Girls Challenge #527:


Timeout Challenge #157 - Birthday:


Craft Gully also has a range of beautiful metallic acrylic paints. They are very shiny and opaque and show up beautifully on black paper.


I created a quick background by dry-brushing the copper paint on a black panel. I stamped one of motifs and sentiments from the Persian Motifs stamp set by Altenew and heat embossed both with metallic copper embossing powder.


I adhered the die-cut circle with glue and added the motif and the sentiment strip popped up on some foam tape.


Here is another look at the card. You can see the beautiful dimension that the foam tape gives.


Entering this card in the CAS Mix Up Card Challenge March 2020. I used metallic copper acrylic paint, stamping and heat embossing.

For my final project, I wanted to test the chalk paints. So I decided to make coasters.


I used washi tape to mask off areas and painted them with the chalk paints. The Creative Genie chalk paints are creamy and have excellent coverage. Though I used two coats, even a single coat is opaque enough to give a good finish. The consistency of the paint is just right to use directly from the bottle. They also dry quickly. So I hardly had to wait between coats. Here is a close-up look of the coasters.


Note the smooth matte finish of the paint. The metallic acrylic paint is also very opaque and has a beautiful, rich sheen.

Once the paint was dry, I again masked off areas and added some stamping with the line stamps from the Painted Flowers stamp set by Altenew. Here are all four coasters.


I had lots of fun playing with the products from Craft Gully. Thanks, Kunjal for sending them to me. I hope you guys enjoyed this review and will give these great products a try. You can check them out here. Here is a final look at all the projects along with the products I used.


Love,
Nandini

7 comments:

  1. So many wonderful cards, Nandini. Your black and white with a pop of teal is gorgeous and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful array of cards, Nandini. You have done a great job with the black backgrounds. I particularly love the one you submitted to Time Out. I love the way you used the black and silver papers for the layers of your flower and the patterned papers you chose for your leaves. The teal looks fantastic on the black, and the splatters make a lovely show. Thanks so much for joining and playing with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot of inspiration Nandini! I love the intensity of the papers, the teal splatters and the metallic paint against your black backgrounds - fabulous! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The acrylic looks very pretty and shiny... Super card! Thanks so much for sharing at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The copper acrylic brushstrokes on black card look amazing for the background. Gorgeous flower image heat embossed in copper on the circle. Beautiful card Nandini! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the copper acrylic against the black card stock. Great contrast! Lovely copper heat embossed floral stamp on the die cut circle.
    Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete