Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Floral Card with Layered Stencils...

Hi! I recently tried the layered stencils by CrafTreat. These have been around for some time now and I was curious to see how well they worked. I am already a huge fan of layered stamps and have a large collection in my stash. I also love stencils, both using them and designing them.
I bought the Tiger Lily stencil since I loved the large blooms and the samples I checked out on the CrafTreat blog. Here is the card I made with the stencil.


I started with a panel of white cardstock and distress inks. I taped the stencil to the panel and inked through the panel with a soft brush. I used shades of yellow and red for the two flowers. After the flowers were done, I masked them and inked the leaves. Here is a close-up of the flower.


The sentiment is from */* stamp set by Technique Tuesday. I stamped it directly on the panel.


Since I didn’t have a card base in the shade of green I wanted, I inked the base with distress inks. To finish, I just popped up the panel with foam tape and adhered it to the card base.

Here is another look at the completed card.


I hope you liked my card and will give layered stencils a try. They seem to be the latest and hottest trend, with lots of companies introducing their own designs. Since stencils have a lower price point, they are a great option for crafters who like the layered look. But don’t want to spend on layered stamp sets. Also, the range of products you can use with stencils is much larger and they can be easily used on surfaces other than paper.

I really loved the CrafTreat stencil. The layering is very easy and the quality of stencils is excellent. I would love it if CrafTreat includes a small layering guide with the stencil. It took me some time to figure out how the layers worked and a beginner crafter might find it intimidating. Also, a mask for the flower would be a welcome addition. That said I am looking forward to adding more of these beautiful stencils in my stash.

Entering my card in the following challenges:
Love,
Nandini

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card you made and how clever to use a stencil too.Gorgeous flowers and colouring. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, teammate!

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen, RCC & MMM DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm glad you mentioned it was a stencil. I don't think I would have guessed. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so stunning, Nandini! The color and saturation with the stencil are awesome! So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL! Very happy to see your lovely work! Thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous flowers ... beautiful card..Thanks for joining Women's day blog linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your card Nandini, nice to see your work again. Thanks for playing along at MMM, Caz.DT

    ReplyDelete