Friday, February 1, 2019

All About Layering 3 - Project #5...

Hi! Today's card is based on Day 1 of Altenew Academy's All About Layering 3 class taught by the amazing Lydia Evans. Lydia layered a die-cut vellum frame with a card stock frame for a beautiful look. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any suitable frame dies in my stash. The thing I noted, however, was that the vellum softened the look. So I decided to think a bit out of the box and use vellum behind a die-cut sentiment. Here is my card.


I took a panel of white cardstock and stamped the flower from the Cross Stitch Flower set by Altenew in the lower right corner. I die-cut the Simple Hello sentiment from the top left of the panel. I took a small piece of vellum and drew diagonal lines with a matching Artist Marker. I adhered the vellum behind the 'Hello' and stamped a companion sentiment from the set below with matching ink. Here is a closer look at the sentiment.


To finish, I simply popped the panel on foam tape and adhered it to a red card base. Here is another look at the card.


I love the way this card turned out. I used the Cross Stitch Flower and Simply Hello die for the first time. I found the layers a bit tough to line up. But it is doable with a little practice. And the end result is gorgeous! I made 4 panels in different colours with the same set. I will post the cards as I make them.

Entering this card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes:

Addicted To CAS Challenge #151:


Allsorts Challenge Week 504 - Friends:

Aud Sentiments #219 - Anything Goes + Sentiment:

Moving Along With The Times #90 - Add A Sentiment:

Love,
Nandini

8 comments:

  1. so beautiful...love the pinks.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful effect and perfect for my challenge at Allsorts. Thanks for sharing.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this works really well - and I really like the cross stitched stamp too haha.

    Thanks for playing along at both MAWTT and Aud Sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at ATCAS challenge! Hugs!! Raga.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design, Nandini! Love that cross-stitch flower! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This piece of design is gorgeous Nandini. Love the artwork of cross-stitch....stunning. Such a great work of talent. DT Moving Along With The Times

    ReplyDelete