Monday, January 22, 2018

A Four Fold Card...

Hi! The current challenge is up at the Make My Monday blog. This week the theme is Fancy Folds. Here is the card I made.


This kind is called a Four Fold card which I made for the first time. I also challenged myself to use pattern papers instead of creating my own. I used the Beary Hugs pack by Mudra Craft Stamps. This is a wonderful kit with a wide variety of pattern papers. 

I first took a long piece of kraft paper that was 7" tall and 16" wide. I scored at 5", 4", 4" and 3" and accordian folded the card base.I used chocolate brown paper as the mat and three different pattern papers. I adhered the papers to create the basic card.

The first sentiment panel was stamped and heat embossed with WOW! Metallic Copper EP. The stamp is Hip Hip from Kaisercraft. I love the boldness of the sentiment on this. I also used the tiny cupcake image from the Let's Party stamp set by Mudra Craft Stamps to create a border at the bottom. I popped up the sentiment panel with foam tape.

Here is the first fold opened.


The second sentiment is also from the Hip Hip stamp set from Kaisercraft. I stamped it with brown Memento ink. This time I used the banner image from the Let's Party stamp set by Mudra Craft Stamps at the top and colored it with sketch pens. The candles at the bottom are from the Sweet Cakes stamp set by Simon Says Stamp.

Here is the final fold.


I left this panel blank so that a message can be written. I just stamped the cute party hat from the Let's Celebrate stamp set by Pinkfresh Studio twice at the bottom right and colored them with sketch pens.

Here is the opened out card.


Here is a complete view of the card.


I hope you like my card and are inspired to make something beautiful. You can link your creations at the Make My Monday challenge blog. And don't forget to check out the blog for some amazing inspiration by my team mates.

Shopping Our Stash #337 - Getting Sentimental:
I was very happy to use the Hip Hip stamp set that I have had for 3-4 years.

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Add A Sentiment:

TGIF Challenges #tgifc143 - Awesome Friends:
This card is going for a special friend whose birthday is next month.


Words 2 Craft By W2CB #49 - Magic of Beginnings:
First time I tried my hand at the four fold card.

Craftyhazelnut's January 2018 Pattern Paper Challenge:

Paru's Card Making Challenges - January 2018:
First time I tried my hand at the four fold card.



Edited – 10-06-2021

Creative Creases Challenge #8


Love,
Nandini

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I’ve not seen this fold before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very clever and joyful card, teamie!

    hugs and kisses from germany
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely remarkable!!! I've never seen this fun fold before and I thank you for sharing the dimensions for creating it.
    And thank you also for sharing it with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you play again next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and innovative fold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love, love, looooooooooooove that amazing layered folding design! wow-- that's cool! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (sentiment!) STASH with us this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your layers and folds are fantastic and super cool. Thanks for sharing your card with us at TGIF. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a brilliant fun card and design. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool! Love the kraft look with the colors you chose. Thanks for joining us at Words 2 Craft By!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Four fold card!
    WOW that is just awesome!
    Thanks for getting SENTIMENTAL this week with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card :-) I love the mutlifold design, I never saw this before, and the papers and sentiments are perfect! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic fun fold card! I've seen the four fold cards before but w each layer the same size-I live that yours has visible layers. Beautiful craft work putting each page together perfectly with beautiful color choices. Thanks for playing with us this week at TGIF Challenges!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nandini, I just love your fold card! Your choice of papers was perfect, and the design is so fun. Thanks so much for playing along with our Magic of Beginnings Challenge at Words 2 Craft By. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun and clever card! Thank you for joining us at W2CB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Nandini! This fabulous fun fold card won our Words 2 Craft By New Beginnings Challenge. cards[dot]by[dot]sybrina[at]gmail[dot]com to make prize arrangements, including an opportunity to guest with us at Words 2 Craft By.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got me on this one, Nandini - I haven't seen a four-fold card before but I can't wait to make one soon. Love how you used the designer papers for your panels. Great card!! Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge and hope you will join in again soon.
    Debbie
    www.secretstamper.com
    Join the Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete