Saturday, April 29, 2017

Lots of Heat Embossing...

Hi! I am here with my second card for today, which is a great achievement for me since I am a very slow card maker.

I was inspired to create this card for the current challenge at the WOW! Embossing Powders blog which is favorite embossing technique and the C9 challenge which is One Layer.


I love heat embossing and use it on almost all my projects. And I love the WOW! Embossing powders since they are available in so many different colors and types. I decided to use all my opaque EPs and create a card with a black base. I mounted the large floral stamp from the You're My Person stamp set by Concord and 9th on my Stampaholic and stamped with Versamark. I then sprinkled the Pastel Blue EP, removed the EP from everywhere else except the large blooms and then heat embossed. I repeated this process with different colors of EP till the entire image was covered. I did end up with several flecks of EP on my card base. But It didn't bother me much. I rather like the look it gives the card. The sentiments are from the same set and I love their label style look. I covered rest of the base with the same stamp, using Versamark ink to get a tone on tone look. Here is a close up.


I am quite happy with the way this card turned out. It looks lovely, especially at night when the colors seem to pop up against the black background.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

C9 Challenge #8:


WOW! Embossing Powder April Challenge:
The challenge is to use a favorite technique.

CASology Week 246:


Mod Squad Challenge - Love Theme

Love,
Nandini

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, love the mix of embossing powders. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very pretty! Love all your embossing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful selective embossing for beautiful cards! Thanks for joining the Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I can't imagine how long this must have taken to emboss all those different colors, but the results are spectacular! Thanks so much for joining us for the One Layer Challenge at Where Creativity Meets C9!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love the multi-colored embossing!
    Thank you for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete