Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Addicted To Stamps And More #239...

Hi! The new challenge is up at the Addicted To Stamps And More challenge. The theme this week is


Your entry MUST be Clean and Simple. This means that clean and crisp lines, minimal or no embellishments and lots of 'white' space should be used. White space does not need to be 'white'. It can be any colour. White space is a term used for the area of your card with no stamping, embellishments etc.

Keeping these factors in mind, here is my card


I used the Lotus stamp set by Craftyscrappers to stamp the bloom. This is one of the sets I have designed and I am very happy with the way it has turned out. I used three shades of pinks from the Red Cosmos set of minis by Altenew. I first stamped with Frosty Pink to stamp the whole flower. I inked the stamp again with Coral Berry and dabbed away some of the ink with a dry paper napkin to get a gradation in color. This is a trick I learnt from Jennifer McGuire. I repeated the process with Ruby Red ink. The end result is a lovely blending of inks. I did the same for the leaves with the Frayed Leaf and Forest Glades inks from the Green Fields mini ink cube set. Needless to say, this couldn't have been possible without my trusty Stampaholic!

I stamped the sentiment with Versamark and heat embossed with Ranger's Gold EP. I then covered the paper with Frosty Pink ink. I also stamped and heat embossed the outline images from the Lotus set with gold EP. I trimmed both the pieces, glued them together and then die cut them with a Nellie Snellen rectangular die.

To finish I mounted the panel with foam tape on a white card base.

I hope you like my card and are inspired to create something beautiful. Please do link your creations to the Addicted To Stamps And More challenge blog here. And don't forget to visit my other team mates. I assure you they have really awesome inspiration in store for you.

I am linking this card to the following challenges.

Stamplorations April CAS Challenge:



Craftsneed April Challenge - CAS

HLS April CAS Challenge:


Love,

Nandini

12 comments:

  1. wow
    Simple
    adorable
    and love the GOLD and coloring flower
    perfectly CAS Nandini
    see you around teamie
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very classy, love the pink with the gold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and I love your gorgeous lotus flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gorgeous gold embossing really makes your card stunning in it's simplicity, Nandini.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! Gorgeous embossing and such pretty design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gold stamping keeps the color in the frame and it looks beautiful. I love color gradation in your flowers.
    Thank you for joining the HLS CAS challenge and sharing this beautiful card with us.
    Regards,
    BożenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply Bowled by the beauty of this lotus..loved it completely...Thanks for joining us at Craftsneed monthly challenge,Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous CAS Card- clean and simple indeed! Thanks for playing along with us at Craftsneed Blog Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Nandini- simple and elegant! Thank you so much for playing along with us this month at STAMPlorations CAS challenge ! :)
    Suchi - DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a beautiful card ... Thank you for joining Craftsneed challenge.. good luck
    -Afreen (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your lotus focal point is incredibly pretty; swooning over the pink/gold combination!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nandini
    Sorry to be late commenting here, what a stunning card and I love your lotus design - so simple and effective. Thanks for sharing your blending technique with us, it looks amazing!
    Thanks so much for joining our CAS blend challenge at Happy Little Stampers and do hope you'll join us again in May.

    ReplyDelete