Friday, December 4, 2015

New ink in town...

Hi! Few months ago I walked into my local craft shop and the owner, sounding excited, told me that there was a new distress ink in town! I was intrigued and picked up one pad as trial. Since I liked the quality and range of colors I bought some more. Few days ago I managed to attend a free workshop where I got the opportunity to try the entire range.

The brand is Artistry, brought to us by Shilpi Crafts who have long been supplying us with great crafting products. The owner, Shilpa Kenia, is very talented and sweet. I had a great time at the workshop and also picked up a set of 12 mini ink pads and blending foams. The quality of both is amazing. I have quite a few Ranger distress inks and Artistry is as good.

Since I wanted to try all the colors, I decided to use the plaid technique. I selected three colors at a time and made two cards. The stripe stamp is DIY. The stitched line stamp is from Itsy Bitsy and stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used Lawn Fawn's Stitched Journaling Card die set for the sentiment panels.




Colors used: Blaze & Golden Turmeric.


The sentiment panel was cut with an Itsy Bitsy die. I heat embossed the sentiment from Bold Wishes by CAS-ual Fridays in WOW!'s Primary Apple Red EP.


The sentiment is from Bo Bunny's Sentiments stamp set, heat embossed with WOW!'s Primary Ebony EP.


This card is another favourite, heat embossed using WOW!'s Primary Apple Red and Primary Lemon EPs.



Colors used: Ocean Reef, Camel Safari & Elegant Emerald.


I heat embossed Taylored Expressions' Graphic Greetings Birthday stamp with Lindy's Stamp Gang's Lapis Lazuli Blue Gold EP. The stars are heat embossed with WOW!'s Metallic Copper EP.

This card I am entering in the Craftyscrappers Challenge #2: Blue.

Did some partial die cutting. Used CAS-ual Fridays' Bold Wishes stamp set and heat embossed with a mix of Wow!'s Earthtone Olive and Primary Lagoon EPs.


Colors used: Tenacious Teal, Lush Lilac & Dry Weed.


Heat embossed the sentiment from the Bold Wishes set by CAS-ual Fridays with WOW!'s Pastel Purple EP.


Stamped a DIY sentiment with Lush Lilac and heat embossed it with Ranger's Clear EP. Added some sequins from my stash. Few splatters of ink with Dry Weed finished the card.


Colors used: Cinnamon Tea, Blushing Rose & Camel Safari


This is one of my favourites out of the lot. The sentiment is heat embossed with WOW!'s Metallic Copper EP on watercolor paper.


The sentiment was heat embossed on white cardstock with Ranger's Gold EP. 


I added layers of colors, ending with Black Soot till I got a nice distressed look. Some water splatters and a layer of translucent paper completed the look.


Colors used: Fine Wine, Ocean Reef, Dry Weed.


Sentiment heat embossed with WOW!'s Metallic Copper, Earthtone Olive and Primary Lagoon EPs.


I stamped the sentiment with Fine Wine ink and heat embossed with Ranger's Clear EP. Some glittery diecuts in green finished the look.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with these beautiful inks. I hope you will give these a try as well.

Love,
Nandini

7 comments:

  1. Wow...loads of experiments...Hard to pick fave, Nan...Am in love with every card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...all the cards are so beautiful...it looks like pattern paper..thanks for sharing...i will try this technique Nandini...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sindhu! The technique is quite addictive! And it's easy to make loads of cards simultaneously!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes. It is really great that there are good Indian products in the market.

      Delete
  4. The bgs hav an Awesome 3D look :) love them all :)

    ReplyDelete