Monday, December 14, 2015

Exciting news...

Hi! I have some exciting news to share! I am going to be a Guest DT with Craftyscrappers for the months of December and January!



Craftyscrappers is a great e-shop selling high quality die cuts at very pocket friendly rates. You can check out their entire catalogue here.

As a GDT I got a great goodie bag chock-a-block with beautiful die cuts, charms, pre-stamped images, papers etc along with a sweet card from Konica Das, owner of Craftyscrappers. Here are some of the things in the goodie bag.



Craftyscrappers also hosts a weekly challenge. The theme of Challenge #3 is RAINBOW“. You can make anything that fits the theme. You can check out the other details here.

I was so excited that I ended up making two cards. For both cards I have used Tim Holtz's mini distress inks Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans, Mermaid Lagoon, Twisted Citron, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Barn Door.



I used the distress inks to ink up my Rose Lace background stamp by Impression Obsession, lightly spritzed with water and then stamped on watercolour paper. 



The butterfly die cut is from the goodie bag. I heat embossed it with gold and copper EP. The sentiment stamp is custom made. Some pearls from my stash finished the card.

The second card is square and I used the Dotted Floral background stamp by Impression Obsession with the same technique as the first.



I used the beautiful label die cut (DC-FR-17) from the goodie bag. I painted it black and then simply stamped and heat embossed with gold EP. Here is a closer look at this super intricate die cut.



A narrow, black ribbon finished the look.

Here is a look at both the cards together.



I hope you are inspired by my creations. Make sure to go and check out the Craftyscrapper's catalogues. They have a huge variety of really high quality die cuts. Looking forward to looking at your beautiful creations.

Entering both the cards in the following challenges:

CAS(E) This Sketch #152

Fashionable Stamping Challenge #106 - Make your own background


Love,
Nandini
GDT - Craftyscrapper

14 comments:

  1. Pretty cards...Simple yet striking effects!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful set of cards Nandini! :) My favorite is the second one... that die-cut looks stunning and super detailed! Thank you for the awesome inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Two very beautiful cards Nandini and the backgrounds are just perfect for our challenge.

      Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

      Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
      ShirlsCards.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful array of rainbow colours on the backgrounds that you've created Nandini. I love the intensity and depth of colour in the first one and the delicate design of the second. Thank you for sharing with us at FSC, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both so pretty! What lovely bakcgrounds! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two lovely colourful cards Nandini, and such wonderful background stamps.
    Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete