Sunday, June 28, 2020

Papercrafter Unite Against Racism Blog Hop...

Hi! Thank you for participating in the Papercrafters Unite Against Racism Blog Hop! You must have arrived here from Jo Herbert's blog.

I am so excited that you are joining in for this great cause! The goal of this hop is to come together to stand behind our crafty sisters and brothers of colour not just in the art industry, but also to show our support in the never-ending fight for equality all over the world.



This hop is the brainchild of Justine Hovey. You can visit her blog for more details of this worthwhile cause.

I made a couple of bookmark cards for this hop. The original idea of the bookmark card is by Jennifer McGuire. You can find her post here.

I love the concept as I love reading and often make bookmarks as gifts. Here is my card.



I used the New Begining stamp set by STAMPlorations and my Zigs for the bookmark. The sentiment is also from the same set.



Once my panel was ready, I adhered it to a piece of kraft cardstock folded in half. 



To complete the card, I made a couple of slits in the red card base. One was at the top fold and another halfway down the card. The slits were fractionally larger than the bookmark so that I could tuck it in.



The bookmark can be easily slipped off the card base and used in a book.



For the second card, I used a slightly different technique. 



I used the New Beginning stamp set by STAMPlorations again along with my Zigs. To create the bookmark, I scored an ivory panel ¼ inch from the top and adhered the colored panel to it. Once the glue was dry, I trimmed both to get a bookmark.



I took a panel of kraft cardstock ½ inch larger than the bookmark and cut a slit towards the top. I glued the panel to the red card base taking care to apply glue only to the top and the edges, leaving a large pocket in the center. Once the glue was dry, I slipped the bookmark in through the slit at the top.



Here is another look at the card.



I hoped you liked my cards and will give this technique a try. I would love to see your twist on this type of card.

The next stop on the hop is Ishani. In case you are lost or want to start from the beginning, here is the entire list.

Neha Parab
Fairuz Fabiha (aka Craftivation)
Joy Dsouza
Jo Herbert
Nandini Karmarkar - That's me!
Ishani
Stacy Zant
Tricia Y
Mary Ellen Driggs
Margaret Schuering
Justine Hovey
Alison Heikkila
Ardyth Percy-Robb
Natasha
Marcia Dehn-Nix
Sandy Allnock
Erin Reed
Martha Lucia Gomez / Joy Clair Designs
Juliana Michaels
Amy Hill
Betz Golden
Erica A-B
Angie Cimbalo
Rebecca
Karen Hasheck 
Char Kochensparger (chark)
Jess
Jill Lipscomb of Jill Cameron Creations
Dana Warren

Mansi Bhatia
Ingrid
Charlotte E (Lady Joyful)
Carrie Rhoades

Anna Mahtani
Jessica McAfee
Amber Rain Davis
Kari VanNoy
Kathya Kalinine
Annette Witherspoon
Mona Toth
Natasha Davies
Anja Glauner
Robin Flenner
Nancy Salkeld
Eva Costigan
Michelle Woerner
Haley Pettit
Verity Biddlecombe

Love,
Nandini



10 comments:

  1. Great cards.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the images on your cards! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, love the messages and colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the simplicity of the cards with those pops of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards and bookmarks and your colouring is amazing !
    I'm glad I came along your blog thanks to this beautiful and important blog hop.
    Warm greetings from Belgium.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! And I love that they can slip off and be used as bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete