Monday, January 21, 2019

Altenew Academy Project #21...

Hi! I am now at Level 3 in the Altenew Educator Certification Program. It has been a great experience so far. I am really excited to complete my classes so that I can get to the final challenge.

Laura Bassen is one of my all-time favourite crafters. Her work is impeccable and I love her videos. She is so witty and funny, I often end watching them several times over! I was very excited to enrol in her class Clean, Simple & Colourful Techniques. This class is great if you want to learn how to incorporate colour into your projects. There are several techniques and some amazing tips.

I was really drawn to the generation stamping technique and decided to give it a try. I did struggle to get it right, mainly because I couldn't find a workable combo of colours. But after several trial runs, I finally made my card.



I started with a piece of white cardstock. The diamond stamp is from the Simple Shapes stamp set by Altenew. I used several shades of green, blue and teal Altenew inks for stamping.  To make sure that the stamping was well aligned, I used my stamp positioner. Once the diamond pattern was stamped, I placed the oval outline stamp from the same set and repeated the process. The tiny dot stamp is from the Altenew Filled Alpha set. 

Here is a close up of the stamping.



I trimmed the stamped panel and also rounded the corners with a corner rounder. The sentiment is from the Altenew Birthday Greetings stamp set. I stamped it on a dark blue strip of paper and heat embossed with white EP. I popped up the panel with some foam tape and adhered it to a dark blue card base. The sentiment strip is also popped up on foam tape.

Here is a look at the completed card.



I hope you liked my card. I am entering it in the following challenges:

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Clean & Simple:

Just Add Ink #440:
I have two new things on my card. The Altenew Simple Shapes stamp set is new. I recently bought it and this is my first time using it. The technique of creating a background with generation stamping is also new to me.



Allsorts Challenge Week 503 - Make It Masculine:

Watercooler Wednesdays Challenge WWC204:



Sparkles Monthly Challenge #112 - New Year, New Stash:
The Simple Shapes stamp set is brand new.

Cute Card Thursday Challenge #565 - Banish The Blues:

Love,
Nandini


13 comments:

  1. A really gorgeous choice of colours, and a really great background stamp. Thank you for joining our 'Masculine' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great masculine card with the fantastic design and colors!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The generational pattern stamping adds a real dynamic feel to this lovely card Nandini! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super creation for our 'Make it Masculine' theme at Allsorts challenge at Allsorts, it's lovely to have you join in, many thanks.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work Nandini! Love how you combined different shapes to build your background.
    Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in the Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look at your card on Allsorts Challenge and right go here
    I love the way you used the Gheometry stamp
    so clever made manly card with that diamond stamp
    I love your idea miss lady
    will remember this hehe
    I am always love to make manly card Nandini
    if you visit now my Blog you will see 2 Manly card-post at the top :)
    Hugs from Munich
    ATSM teamie, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nandini, your card is gorgeous! This looks like a very difficult card to make but your finished project is lovely. The generational stamping and geometric shapes work so well together. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab background and perfect for the challenge with Allsorts. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card I love how it turned out! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so beautiful, Nadini! Love the cool geographic patterns and how you matched navy mat for them. It could be a wonderful masculine card as well. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, fabulous stamping!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the pattern that you created! Very uniform and sophisticated! Awesome work, Nandini!! I am so glad that you enter your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful background! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sparkles Monthly Challenge

    ReplyDelete