Friday, March 16, 2018

Altenew Academy Project #6...

Hi! My second post for the day as part of my cards made for the Altenew Academy. I made a card based on the Irresistible Inking Techniques class by Sarah Naumann.

Here is my card.


I started with a large acrylic block which I inked with the Warm Gray mini ink cubes. I spritzed it with water and then stamped on watercolor paper. For some reason, the color changed when the paper was dry. This is still a big mystery. But I liked the result. I stamped the images from the Mini Blossoms stamp set and stamped with Jet Black ink. Once it was dry, I used Rose Petal and Sea Shore mini ink cube sets to color the images.

I used the Filled Alpha stamp set to stamp the sentiment in Jet Black ink. To finish I added a few sequins from my stash and mounted the panel on a black card base. Here is a close up.


This is one of my favorite cards. I love the technique and also the watercoloring. The black ink did bleed a bit. So I will be careful in the future.

Entering this card in the following Challenge:

CAS Watercolour March Challenge:


Love,
Nandini

5 comments:

  1. Lovely spring card Nandini. The acrylic block watercolouring makes a beautiful background for your spring flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty watercolor flowers, Nandini! I love the soft background and the bold sentiment! Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the black stamping with the stamped images! The colors are absolutely delightful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card...
    Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete