Thursday, January 7, 2021

Rainbow Card Challenge #25 – Nothin’ But Neutrals…

Hi! Welcome to another great challenge at the Rainbow Card Challenges. The mood board this month is gorgeous!

I created a one layer card with lots of masking. This card is completely inspired by the gorgeous monochromatic card by Erum Tasneem who blogs at VIBGYOR Krafts. You can find her original card here. There is also a detailed process video. So be sure to check it out!

I started with a piece of speckled cardstock in light cream. I stamped the flowers and leaves from the Sweet Rose stamp set by Mudra Craft Stamps. I used Altenew inks in shades of brown and grey. Here is a closer look at the stamping.

Once my stamping was complete, I lightly drew lines with a scale and pencil. I colored between the lines using a light grey Artist Marker by Altenew and outlined each with a darker grey. Once the coloring was done, I trimmed the panel and adhered it to a dark brown card base. The sentiment is from the Fresh Freesia stamp set by Altenew. I heat embossed it with copper embossing powder.

Here is another look at the card.

I hope you liked my card and are inspired to create something beautiful! Please do check out the Rainbow Card Challenge blog for more inspiration. And don’t forget to link your cards to our gallery. I look forward to seeing your beautiful creations.

Love,

Nandini

3 comments:

  1. WOW ! What a stunning masking work, Nandini. Your card is just wonderful and I love the beautiful faux dimension look you achieved. Fabulous CASEd of Erum's card and showcase of our Neutrals colour theme. Have a very Happy New Year and may all your wishes come true ! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful! I love how you made the flowers! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the vertical lines - I've never tried that with markers only with paper. Thanks for the inspiration.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete