Saturday, August 1, 2020

Rainbow Card Challenge - Radiant Ruby...

Hi! Welcome back to the Rainbow Card Challenge. I am here with my inspiration for the August challenge.



The mood board this month is so rich and vibrant that I was very inspired! I love the color red and I had lots of fun creating this card.


I used Yana Smakula's tutorial for Blending Free Coloring with Copic for reference. This is a great technique if you are intimidated by blending colors or just prefer a more graphic look. I used the Spring Flowers stamp set and coordinating dies by Simon Says Stamp for the flowers. I did the coloring with the Artist Markers by Altenew.


For the background, I decided on a tone-on-tone look. I used two shades of red and die-cut the darker paper with the Basket cover die by Pink & Main twice. I removed only the square pieces, leaving the rest in as I did not want a very busy background. And then I adhered the pieces together to get some depth. Here is a close-up.


The sentiment is from the Party Time stamp set by STAMPlorations. To create the striped bit under the sentiment panel, I used one of the borders from the Interlocking Backdrops set by Lawn Fawn sentiment and stamped it in red on a scrap of white paper.


To finish, I arranged all the elements on the card base and used glue and foam tape to adhere them down. Here is another look at the finished card.


I hope you are inspired by my card and create something beautiful. You can visit the Rainbow Card Challenge blog for more inspiration from the DT and link your creations. I look forward to seeing you in our gallery!

Love,
Nandini

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nandini. I'm Elena part of the DT team on the Rainbow Card Challenge.
    Great card, I especially like the background. Beautiful job and I like how you only took the squares out and left the rest. I don't know if I would have thought of that!!! I'm glad to be part of the team,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nandini! I love your card! That background is awesome! I love how you created it! I really need to get some background dies! lol And the blending on your flowers is beautiful. Hugs! Katy DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Nandini ! Love how you coloured these flowers. I definitely have to watch Yana's video. Beautiful background too to highlight the flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. I love the background you created and your flowers are stunning! I'm going to have to try Yana's technique too.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete