Friday, May 1, 2020

Rainbow Card Challenge - Vivaciously Violet...

Hi! Welcome back to the Rainbow Card Challenge. I am here with my inspiration for the May challenge –Vivaciously Violet.


Don't you just love this gorgeous photo inspiration! I was really inspired by all the beautiful shades of violet and wanted to recreate that in my background. The card design was inspired by Gayatri Murali of Handmade by G3. You can find her original cards here. And here is the card I made.


I started with a sheet of Yupo paper and alcohol inks by Shilpi Crafts. I used Lobelia, Razzmatazz, and Salmon Berry inks to create the background. Once the inks were dry, I die-cut the Gorgeous Gardenia outline die by Memory Box out of white cardstock and adhered it directly to the background. Here is a closeup of the card.


The sentiment is from the Carnations stamp set by Mudra Craft Stamps. 


Here is another look at the completed card.


I just love the way the white die-cuts pop against the vibrant background! 


I hope you are inspired by my card and create something beautiful. You can visit the Rainbow Card Challenge blog for more inspiration from the DT and link your creations. I look forward to seeing you in our gallery!

Love,
Nandini

3 comments:

  1. Nandini, this is so pretty. I love the delicate die cut against the stunning background.
    Hugs,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your die cut flower and it’s perfect for your expertly inked background - a stunning card - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! That die cut really does pop. And your background is awesome. I love alcohol inks on yupo paper. Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete