Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Rainbow Card Challenge - Totally Tiffany...

Hi! Welcome back to the Rainbow Card Challenge. I am here with my inspiration for the April challenge –Totally Tiffany.


Teal is one of my all-time favorite colors and I wanted to make a really special card.



I started with a sheet of dark teal that I adhered to a white card base. With lots of time on hand, I have been revisiting some old techniques. I had some textured fun foam and I decided to make a DIY background stamp with it. I took a piece of sun board and drew a half inch by half inch grid on it with a pencil. I also traced several circles on the fun foam and cut them out with scissors. I adhered the circles to the sun board and allowed it to dry. This is a great technique for making custom backgrounds. You can also die-cut the foam and attach it. You can find some more cards I made with DIY stamps here and here.

I sponged the Hero Arts Unicorn White pigment ink on the stamp and stamped it on the card base. I just love the gorgeous texture that the circles have.



I took a white die-cut circle and stamped the roses from the Sweet Rose stamp set by Mudra Craft Stamps in shades of blue and teal. I also stamped the leaves in green. The sentiment is from the Beautiful Day stamp set by Altenew.



To finish I popped up the stamped circle and the sentiment strip with foam tape and adhered it to the card base. I also rounded the bottom corners with a corner rounder. Here is a look at the completed card.



I just love the bright color and the cheerful polka dots on this card. Here is another look at the card which shows the layering.



I hope you liked my card and are inspired to create something beautiful. Please do visit the Rainbow Card Challenge blog for more inspiration and also to link your cards. Stay safe and stay crafting until next time we meet.
Nandini

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Nandini! And you made your own background stamp! That is stunning! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ! I love your beautiful card, Nandini. What a clever idea and what a gorgeous background you've made. I'm also totally in love with your colour combo. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous take on the Uniko Dots and Stripes Challenge! Your background: clever and lovely! Wonderful to see you in the gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete