Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Garden of Flowers...

Hi! I love reading books. Though a lot of my reading is on Kindle now, I still love the feel of a real book. And I always need bookmarks as I hate dog-earing my books. Here is one that I colored as part of the 30 Days Coloring Challenge hosted by Kathy Racoosin of The Daily Marker blog. 


I used my Zig Real Brush markers for the coloring. I started with a piece of watercolor paper and stamped the flowers from the Spring Flowers stamp set by Simon Says Stamp with Versmark Onyx Black ink. I colored directly with my markers, without using any water as I wanted really intense colors. Here is a closer look at the coloring.


After the flowers were colored, I added some grey in the background. This was where my problems started. The water seeped into the flowers and smudged the outline. I allowed the paper to dry completely and fixed the problem by simply running the Jet Black Artist Marker by Altenew over the outlines. This effectively covered the smudged areas and also gave my images a bold outline.

Here is another look at the bookmark.


I love this bookmark. It turned out exactly as I had envisioned it. I hope you liked it too. Entering it in the following challenges.

I was inspired by the beautiful photo prompt.





Love,
Nandini

2 comments:

  1. Super, bright and cheerful bookmark.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at STAMPlorations.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully coloured bookmark. Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations Theme & Photo Prompt Challenge Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete